Emma's quotes to remember

DISCLAIMER: This blog is my opinion. I'm not saying everything I say is true but I'm not making anything up. I pride myself on using facts, evidence, sources, and deductive reasoning. I'm not an inside source but I was not born yesterday. I use Emma's words showing her inconsistencies with what she says versus what she does. Everything she says is actually the opposite of who she is when you pay attention to what she actually does. She preaches about being honest and true to yourself when she isn't. She claims virtues and convictions she doesn't adhere to. She constantly portrays a false sense of modesty, morality and ethics that she never follows. It's not her actions that bother me. She can smoke crack for all I care. It's all her deceptions that built up her fake persona she gets lauded for. She is more of a brand than being the genuine article. Emma is a prettily weaved illusion designed to trick you. She is a celebrity (they get so much attention in society) and she is pretty (beauty culture obsession), and these days that’s as good as being a god (celebrity worship syndrome). This blog was not created to point out what an awful human being she is. I don't believe she's a horrible person but when it comes to a stereotyped fake celebrity she fits the mold perfectly. This blog was created as a push back to the mindless adoration and to point out what others refuse or fail to do. I don’t know Emma the private person but what I do know is Emma the public person (celebrity) is full of contradiction, hypocrisy and deceptions. Her entire public persona is built on being the anti-celebrity but in reality she's ever bit of the fame hungry attention seeker she claims not to be. Celebrities should be looked at as products. They're trying to sell us (the consumers) something by using the same marketing ploys we see in ads every day. They make millions doing this. We have every right as consumers to call bullshit when the product does not work as advertised. Celebrities made a choice to be public figures and can walk away if they wish, so anything they put out there is up for debate.

QUOTES OF EMMA'S TO REMEMBER: "There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case (2009)." and "I do not think I "ought" to be a model of reference for my fame. But I want to do something good by using my public image and reputation (2009)." and "Actually, I'm quite shy, I've never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo's Dory. I just keep swimming and don't turn around to watch the mess (2010)." and "I think you should be yourself because otherwise, you'll be on the wrong path and the results are not gonna be pretty (2010)." and " It's very weird. I have to kind of like switch heads. Sometimes I manage it seamlessly, and other times I feel rather all over the place. I explained to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic, like I have a split personality (2010)." and "In terms of a role model the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself (2011)." and "Never have something to hide or lose (2011)." and "Fame was never something I ever aspired to and it's not something I aspire to now really (2011)." NEW ONES (I find these new ones peculiar because I've said she's fake and a brand repeatedly since February 2011: Is she trying to come clean?): "Let’s say there’s a side of me, the one represented in the media, that does not match who I really am in private life. (2012)." and "It kind of does feel that way [like I am a brand]. That’s just something I’ve come to realize, that there’s a public persona (2013)." and "When you’re playing someone else and you’re playing a public persona for the media, you almost lose your own identity and who you are." and "I try my best to be as authentic as I can. I try to be real, but I also understand there’s a distinction between the me that walks red carpets, and the me that is just myself, at home (2013)." and "Similar to you, I used to try to hide what I was doing, and I would end up in these awkward positions where I would have to go and do something [for work] but I would say I was doing something else. I would try to hide that I had a car picking me up—I would hide the car around the corner so that people would think I was walking. All of these elaborate kinds of schemes to pretend I was like everyone else (2013).”

ONE MORE EMMA QUOTE TO CONSIDER from an interview in 2009, "Did you ever steal any of the props? “Yes, I did. We were doing a scene in Gringotts and there was all of this plastic gold that’s in there, but Dan, Rupert and I spent like the whole week smuggling it out for crew members who wanted souvenirs. They weren’t giving any of it away, so we nicked it. We were actually competing in the end and I got really good at it. I looked like the innocent one, so they nobody really noticed me, but they checked the boys. So I think I got about four or five pieces out. That was funny.” And that's the just of it. Emma looks to innocent to be anything other than what she makes herself up to be. It makes doing this blog rather difficult at times because people do not want to believe Emma is anything but honest. There is also the issue of Emma stating for years she is just like the fictional character Hermione. People get confused between Emma the actress and Hermione the make believe character she was portraying. They are nothing alike.

OTHER QUOTES: "The great thing about Emma is that she's a chameleon that can communicate anything you ask." - Mario Testino. "Any actor who tells you that they have become the people they play, unless they’re clearly diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is bullshitting you.” - Gary Oldman. "The image is one thing and the human being is another...It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way." - Elvis Presley. "It is much easier to be honest than to be caught up in a bunch of lies. At least this way, you know who you are." - Mila Kunis

Two pages to check out:
1.) meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com (me)
2.) emma-what-son.tumblr.tumblr.com (no affiliation)

February 18, 2014

Emma Watson complains about "Noah" director Darren Aronofsky & water bottles

From celebitchy.com Feb 2014

Emma Watson covers & guest-edits the February/March issue of Wonderland. While I’m not crazy about the editorial overall, I do like the cover and I do like that Emma is changing it up with her editorials. Her long hair looks great too. She looks very “English rose” in the cover shot. Anyway, I keep forgetting that Emma had a role in that epic Noah film, which hasn’t come out yet. Noah was directed by Darren Aronofsky, and stars Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly. The film’s production was reportedly something of a disaster – a bloated budget, lots of delays and weather issues and no one is convinced that the film will end up being worth all of the problems. In her Wonderland interview, Emma complains about Aronofsky and the situation with water on set:

"Harry Potter star Emma Watson fell ill on the set of Darren Aronofsky’s biblical epic Noah after the director refused to allow bottled water on set, it has been revealed. Watson, who plays Noah’s adopted daughter Ila in the big budget fantasy, said the Black Swan director banned plastic bottles in an effort to echo the film’s environmental concerns. But with some shoots taking place from 4am, the actor often found herself “tired and delirious” on set and in need of rehydration. On one occasion Watson was so thirsty that she accidentally drank a mug of stagnant water. “Because of the storm, Douglas [Booth] and I ended up shooting most of our scenes between 4am and 7am – and at that time I never function well,” Watson told Wonderland magazine. “Because the film has a pro-environment message, Darren didn’t want anyone drinking from plastic water bottles on set either. So that made things slightly harder. Everything we used had to be recycled or recyclable. Having no water bottles on set at five in the morning, when you’re exhausted and delirious, wasn’t ideal. I was so tired one morning I picked up a mug from my trailer and drank some stagnant water that had been there for the duration – so three months. I was so ill.” The actor was then shocked when the Black Swan film-maker told her to “use” her illness in a scene. I came in the next day and was like: ‘Darren, I don’t think I can do this, I’m really sick,’” she said. “He was like: ‘Use it for the scene.’ And I turned round to the bus and was like: ‘Is he joking? He is joking right?’ and there was deadly silence.”

Watson pointed out that even veteran British hard-man actor Ray Winstone, who plays Noah’s nemesis Tubal-Cain, struggled with the filming conditions. “We started filming in the summer in New York. It was so hot that Ray Winstone at one point, who wore a beard and heavy make-up, nearly fell down a flight of stairs,” she said. “His make-up was literally melting off his face.” Watson’s revelations are just the latest controversies to hit Noah. The $130m film has been plagued by reports that executives at studio Paramount cut up to six alternative versions following negative reactions from test screenings for US religious audiences. Aronofsky said last week that he had won a torrid battle to ensure his own cut is one filmgoers will see in cinemas."

I use a plastic water bottle nearly every day. But here’s the thing – I just use one and refill constantly with filtered water, for weeks at a time. I have questions as to why – if Aronofsky really did ban plastic water bottles on-set – why wasn’t there a water filter in every trailer? And why was one glass of water just sitting in Emma’s trailer for three months with no one throwing it out or cleaning the glass or something? Now, all of that being said, I’ve heard that Aronofsky can be a major task-master and some actors really don’t like his directing style at all. - By Kaiser    

I loved this next one so much that I slow clapped and then gave it a thunderous applause

From celebdirtylaundry.com Feb 2014

So, basically, since the director of the film took an environmental stance and banned bottled water and because tap water is beneath her, Emma Watson refused to hydrate herself. That’s how I am reading this. I suppose it was unfathomable to scurry to the nearest dollar store, buy a Rubbermaid reusable container, and fill it at the nearest faucet. Am I the only one who is shocked at the stupidity and entitlement of this interview? I used to really like Emma Watson; I always got the idea that she was just as smart as Hermione. (echee: thank her PR team for that one)

She seemed grounded and intelligent and, let’s face it, she wasn’t running around Hollywood mounting anything with a twig and berries. She sounds extremely unprofessional and amateurish in this interview. Did she expect Darren to halt shooting because she was sick from a lack of designer water? Nowhere in the interview does it say that water was banned — just water in plastic bottles. Were there no water fountains or taps? All of these productions have craft tables. Does she mean to convince us that there was every snack known to man, including Skittles probably separated by color…but no water?

It also doesn’t seem that shocking that Darren would expect his actors to work through an illness. I’m sure all the greats had times when they weren’t feeling their best and it probably enriched their performance. That’s how you get those accolades, sweetheart. It must have been torture to play make believe and be forced to drink the water of commoners. Movie directors are so MEAN. Next they’ll expect actors to brush their teeth before kissing scenes!

What do you guys think of this Emma Watson diva moment? Is Emma being a brat? Sound off in the comments section below. - by oldsoul

 

You would think Emma would appreciate what Darren Aronofsky was doing since she's claimed time and time again how important the environment is. How about all her preaching about fair trade and organic clothing of which I wont post the plethora of quotes or the fact she never wore any of it? How about her quotes on the environment and taking care of the world that sadly I never saved? I doubt she actually said those things because it sounds too intelligent and lacks the word 'like' that she loves using a lot. See above in that quote. How about what she said in 2009: From iheartwatson.net OneIndia.com : April 2009, “I cannot not be green. My car is electric, I recycle, I take public transportation, I try not to buy and drink bottled water. I’m not perfect, but it’s something I feel strongly about.” I guess she "changed her mind" as her fans love to point out or more like make excuses when I show her being a hypocrite and contradicting herself.

Some of my favorite comments from people responding to this article at celebitchy:

February 18, 2014 at 2:38 pm McGraw says: Idk what she’s talking about. I worked on the stunt unit for this set in Long Island. We had water. At the (awesome) crafty table and catering tent there were water coolers where we filled sports bottles production gave us or recyclable cups if we lost track of our bottles. It was a waste-conscious set, which was refreshing because movie sets are SO SO wasteful in every way, from leaving engines on for over 12 hrs to food and plastic waste. She’s a brat. A pretty brat.


81 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this movie flops and Emma's performance is ridiculed she can use this excuse

Anonymous said...

Hm. It seems that the older she is, the more insufferable she becomes.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Poor little diva.... a mug of water standing for 3 month (!).... I know she was not good at physics at school, but she should know that the water would have been evaporated.
I grant her that she had a bad stomach, maybe due to too much party, alcohol and 'heavensknowwhatelse', but it is a nice little story to make her the victim and "Noah" in the tabloids.

I loved a comment of a friend of Russel Crowe on twitter, who wrote after a test screening: "Russel, this movie will be the greatest biblical desaster after the real flood of Noah".

Anonymous said...

you should add the quotes from her admitting she was at times testy on the potter set

Anonymous said...

Echee, aren't you bored by her? I enjoy this blog, but sometimes it's just too much. I have never understood the appeal of someone whose image is obviously very manufactured like her. What's worse is that she CAN'T ACT. You can be fake, but if you are talented, you still give something to the art. She can't even do that. All she has is empty hype. It's quite horrible.

Anonymous said...

Haha, using illness as an excuse of bad acting? That's kinda lame.

Jonny Carinthia said...

I forgot, that she is pregnant in that movie, carrying twins (this plotline alone is so unbelievable.... Watson pregnant), that I think, Aronovsky was right. Many mums-to-be suffering from morning-sickness, so his advice was quite right......

Anonymous said...

This attitude is probably why she doesn't get good roles and she uses college as an excuse why

Apparently her role in regression will take her 7 days to film her part



Anonymous said...

your last post where she was saying she was giving up fashion???? why was she at the elle awards accepting another bogus award like the gq one???

Jonny Carinthia said...

During my time in the industry I found out, that only the "I want to be great"-actors behaved like that. A real star would never complain or put himself in the role of a "victim". I remember a certain B-movie actress from Germany. Her manager sent us 24 (in words twentyfour) pages of rules for her participation on one of our documentaries. Everything was fixed in detail, even the colour of the toilet paper, the brand of bottled water (!) and the fact, that her mornin call from the hotel reception had to be from a woman....

A funny story was a concert with Tina Turner. She had only 6 pages, but, whow. One detail was a bathtub full of crushed ice in her wardrobe. We had no idea for what she would need that and I remember, we had to go to all of the McDonalds-branches in our area to get so much crushed ice. After the concert I asked my aid, what she actually did with the ice. Did she cool herself in it? "No, she just put the flowers of the fans in it to ceep them fresh....."

And then there was the great Maximilian Schell. He came to a event with customers and friends to talk about his life (I was so excited, he is the godfather of Angelina Jolie). We found out befor that, that he likes a certain wine, which was not easy to obtain in Austria. We had to go to South Italy to get it. We put the bottle in his wardrobe. He came and was shocked that we had this special "surprise" for him and he even excused himself for his manageress, who had told us about this......

What I will say is: a real star is quiet, modest and happy about everything you do to him.

Anonymous said...

Her fans are making the excuse they were filming in remote areas of Iceland so there was not water to drink lol ..

Anonymous said...

@jonny

How do you know so much? Do you work in the industry?

Anonymous said...

Probably depends on the person. If you have a massive self-entitlement issue, even if you're not a star, you will still behave like a jerk. I don't think Watson is an out-of-control monster diva (she's not that big of a star anyway), but there are many stories floating around since she was young of how rude she often is. So her image of class and elegance is not real.

Jonny Carinthia said...

I was actually working for a bank and I was responsible for sponsoring, culture und media. Over the years I produced (and- co-produced) many concerts with stars like Tina Turner or Michael Jackson. Our CEO was very into movies and art, so I started to produce documentaries and films about economy, money, history and music. So I learned a lot about script-writing, cutting, directing and even shooting on locations. I produced 10 concerts-series, called "Hollywood-Classics" (a big symphonie orchestra plays scores from the movies). This was maybe my best job ever, because scores for orchestras are difficult to get and I had to be around much in Hollywood. John Williams is my favourite. He sent me nice letter and wrote by hand the first notes of the "Imperial March" on it... Later I met some producers and conductors from LA, and so I got deeper and deeper in the matter.... Finally I produced and managed a international contest for young singers and pianists. We booked great names for the jury of this contest and so I was able to work with many great artists over the years...

And for the anon above: I agree. I think she is the product of her enviroment.

Anonymous said...

Regarding Iceland, didn't she say something about clubs in Iceland being comparable to moshpits? Moreover, she was seen with her mate Sophie in an Icelandic spa. Clearly, if she had access to such leisure in Iceland, she could have gotten herself a reusable water bottle. Her Stans are just so desperate to back her up.

Echee said...

Echee, aren't you bored by her?

Sometimes I am. She's repetitive. Before I quit I was really bored. I stopped researching. I relied on other people's info. I posted a few posts I had to delete. But it is fun at times when she so obviously lying or being a hypocrite or says something contradictive when you have the evidence to back it up. I still have my moments from time to time when it's like, "Ugh I don't want to post or talk about this again" and I'm sure at some point I'll take a little break for a few weeks or something.

"Regarding Iceland, didn't she say something about clubs in Iceland being comparable to moshpits? Moreover, she was seen with her mate Sophie in an Icelandic spa."

^true I forgot about that. I remember seeing the pictures of her and sphie dining at a nice restaurant and in the hot tub as wella s her tweet about Iceland clubs that I added to my "Emma Watson doesn't go clubbing" post.

Echee said...

"Her fans are making the excuse they were filming in remote areas of Iceland so there was not water to drink lol .."

I just posted this on tumblr

http://meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com/post/77163919130/emmas-comments-about-getting-ill-and-not-having

Anonymous said...

A bland ex-child actor shows her true colour by whining about ridiculous things, which only shows her stupidity and lack of common sense. Nothing new.

Anonymous said...

Her fans must have been living in a different planet. All of her roles are small, even then they're not very challenging. Her performance was nothing special either. Yet they have the audacity to scream 'Oscar!' everywhere. Talk about being delusional.

Anonymous said...

I think she just thought tap water is not good enough for her. The snotty brat. She has only herself to blame if she's dehydrated because she only wanted Evian while she was surrounded by perfectly safe to drink filtered tap water.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the comments. They're pretty spot-on. It's somewhat refreshing to know that there are people out there who also think what a bad actress she is. I was beginning to think I am the only crazy person around.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^^You are not alone.... It is - for "commoners" like I am one only so funny and entertaining to see, how the simplest things in life are hyped to a tragedy by her - or her PR-team. During summer my shift sometimes starts at 5 am, that means getting up at 3.30 am. And I never leave the house without a proper breakfast or a bottle of at least a half liter of tea to drink on the way. So she got up at her 5* - hotel without breakfast or at least a cup of hot something (I forget always that madame is not drinking tea).... I would fire her assistant because of taking not care for her.....

I grant her, that she had a bad stomach on that day. Maybe she ate something wrong, or, more likely, she drank to much at the moshpits of Island the evening before. Something we all knew and each and everyone of us knows how to deal with that. Starting with a bloody Mary up to camomile-tea with plain toast.... And I bet, there was a permanent medical service present...

It was a simple thing which happens to "normal" people every day. And nobody is talking about it in an interview.

Anonymous said...

If this movie is as bad as being described she better hope she stand out in this movie

Anonymous said...

"Stop it Emma, please. You’re breaking my heart."

She isn't breaking your heart, Echee, you fucking liar!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's part of Echee's writings, it's one of the comments posted in a website. It's sarcasm, btw.

Anonymous said...

I really do think her career wouldn't last for long. Oh, I am pretty sure she's going to be alright, she is very wealthy, but she's deluded if she thinks she would reach the heights of a career like what talented actresses like J-Law has now.

Anonymous said...

I was watching the Golden Globes with my friends and one of them commented that she looked very skinny and stressed out lately. Her smile looked strained too. It's like she didn't enjoy being there at all. I think it's somewhat a shock to her, realizing that Hollywood doesn't seem to be interested in offering her any important parts. When she was in Potter, everybody loved her (well, almost everybody, I think she sucked)or at least she was the center of attention, but now, there are bigger stars with better talents who get better roles, even actresses younger than her.

What's interesting is she doesn't seem to change. She still complains publicly. She still behaves like she's the star, despite being only supporting. I think she can't change that big ego of hers.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ The answer can be easely found in this blog. Emma was perfect treated child/young adult during the time of "Harry Potter". She was hyped, because her caracter was the favourite of so many fans of Harry Potter. She probably never heared the word "no" during that time and each and everything was done on a way to please her. So she grew up under the imagination that each- and everything is working in her sense. Even her personal image ("Virgin Emma") was build during that time because a shameless "Hermione" (or a shameless actress, playing Hermione) would have coused many image-troubles for the HP-franchise. So I think from her first relationship it was done every possible thing, that Ms. Watson could have her fun without that the public (and her fans) knew about it. And then - suddenly - the big bag. Potter was over and from one moment to the other she heared "no", or "no, thank you!" or "sorry, not you". Her own agency and publicist(s) did everything to keep her in the public eye with her false and usless "Hermione"-image. Instead of saying: "Hey, guys, I am a adult female now, I like - as mostly all people at this age - party, flirting, drinking (and sex, of course), she remained in the Hermione-mood. The result of this stupid things can be seen easely; I just mention the "happy" fotoshoot with her new boyfried Matt. More staged can a "cuddle" not be..... And Hollywood: I agree with this blog, that she burned so many bridges in the past, that the quote: "Oh no, not Hermione again..." is true. What we all not know is, what the great directors in the industry are thinking about her, but it is clear for me, that she is not often picked for a part; or, more worse, she is auditioning and rejected. I think she did everything wrong what you can do wrong after the end of Harry Potter, including her "restrictions" to projects (no nudity, no sex-scenes.....) and her wishlist for directors, she wants to work with. And - as last thing - she thought, that Hollywood is waiting for her. But, as using a image, there are hundreds of beautiful talented young actresses around, willing to get even naked for a good part. So, why making endless negotiations about a contract mit Ms. Watson?

Anonymous said...

@jonny

I could not agree more!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think she was 'protected' by WB during HP and she got used to it. So used to it that she has developed a huge ego, over-estimating her skills, her worth and her talent, completely not realizing that there is a world outside of HP franchise, that is full of competition and much more talented people.

People often said she is a very grounded person. I don't think so. Out of the three, Grint is the most laid-back and 'normal'. Radcliffe is humble and self-aware of how lucky he is. Watson often seems ungrateful and spoiled. But she has cultivated a strong image for years, piggy-backing Hermione and it works for her. Most people still think she's adorable/lovely, though not all of them think highly of her in terms of her acting.

I think she is disappointed by Hollywood, tbh. But surely somebody should sit with her and tell her reality? Big name and fan base will open doors, but talent is essential, esp when you want a long career, like Emma Thompson's. Sadly Watson is not good enough. I am not sure why her fans can't see this.


Anonymous said...

She is deluded if she thinks the 'big name directors' are willing to give her important parts. I am sure they won't object giving her supporting roles that they think her abysmal acting won't mess up, but a well-written role usually requires audition. Can she handle it? I don't think so.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Emma has a great advantage: beauty. She was a natural beauty when she was 17-18 years old and she can still be beautyful, if she wears the right makeup and the right outfit. So, many of the things, she achieves, has also to do with hormons. Male ones. The hormons of the editors of "Elle" must have gone wild for example to give her the title of "Actress of the year" lately.

And she has a perfect, symetric face. Sientists found out, that people with a perfect symmetrical face are more perceived by others then people with a "average" face.

I agree, that Grint and Radcliffe are doing it well. Radcliffe tries to grow in the industry and Grint is managing his money, I think. Without fuss and without being effusive.

If you ask me after a real "grounded girl", I think on her friend Sophie Sumner. She is so funny and her tweets are so entertaining. And, hey, she is talking and communicating with her fans, too!

So, in fact, Emma has everything you need to be successful. But if your own ego is running wild, you loose. Hollywood is definitly not waiting for her, and the british film-industry also no longer.

Echee said...

At this point I think she believes name recognition (working with known directors) is the way to go because posing for the camera didn't work. I have this suspicion when she tries for roles on her own she's rejected and that's why she keeps on going back to Weinstein. I don't know if the guy has a crush on her or what. Maybe he see's something and thinks she needs the right part or something to break free from being thought as pretty but not a good actress.

Jonny Carinthia said...

You have to take risks if you want to establish yourself in the movie industry. She never wanted to take any risks. All her roles are relating to her clean imange as "virgin Emma", even Bling Ring is more about fashion and style then about a "bad girl". She dropped out of "End of the world" because a man in a tong was too much for her.... And such a femal actress will play sex-scenes or get naked for a role?

Anonymous said...

She could never pull off Natalie Portman's scenes in the Black Swan

Jonny Carinthia said...

Natalie is great.... and she has a FEMALE body.... and the power to do such scenes....

Emma looks like a 13 year old boy, all her femal "courves" are fotoshopped.

Anonymous said...

I agree that she has a symmetrical face that will look good in pictures, but I've never thought of her as a beauty. She is rather plain. There is nothing special about her face and her body. Portman has striking features, women like Monica Belucci or Scarlett Johansson have strong sultry looks, Zoe Zaldana has killer cheekbones and pretty eyes. Emma relies on heavy make up and a lot of photo shop to look decent in photographs. She is forgettable, sorry to say. What gives her the level of attention she's getting now is Harry Potter. Her 'beauty' is the kind of girl next door that teens like, but soon forget when they grow up. In overall I agree that her being above average in term of looks really help her image, but I don't think she is movie-star beautiful. Ingrid Bergman is movie star beautiful, so is Natalie Wood and Audrey Hepburn. Emma Watson, without Hermione image, is just the kind of generic model you'll find in generic fashion catalog. With Hermione image, she is elevated on a pedestal with the aura of intelligence and class, but I think it only appeals to a very specific demographic, the generation who grew up reading Potter mainly. They have a strong presence on the internet and so she's very popular on tumblr, but ask common people in real life, many won't recognize her name.

marcie said...

^^^^

Why do you think people laughed at her when Lancome launched that perfume ad? She looked ridiculous in it. The combo of her bad acting (she couldn't even act decently in a less than a minute ad, ffs) and her boyish looks made the ad such a waste of time and money. She looked quite unflattering and it didn't do the perfume justice since I think the smell is not bad.

Anonymous said...

With her, I don't think it's only her ego that hold her back. She is massively untalented. That's the main reason. On paper, she is supposed to be successful, if she has talent, that is. But she doesn't, so she's stuck with small supporting roles.

Anonymous said...

Haha, male hormones? I think it's her publicist who negotiated the award. It's all about PR.

I am not sure why they thought it's a good idea to get her this kind of awards. It kinda looks sad to me. What, she couldn't get the prestigious ones so just give her the bullshit ones? What would that accomplish? The public won't care about awards like MTV or People's Choice, or GQ award. And the industry would just dismiss them because they know how the game is played. Even if they did it just to put her in the news, I am not sure anybody really cares. At most, they would just comment on her hair and dresses. It's mind-boggling.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Beauty is a individual question; each and everybody has a own opinion and this opinion should be respected. For me her physical appearance (face & eyes) make her attractive for many men, I think. But you are right, it is always the "whole package", you "buy".....

Talent? After all she has the talent to sell herself well; I cannot judge if she has real "acting talent" by now, because in Potter she was herself (Emma = Hermione) and the other movies she did were pictures with no demand for real talent. Real acting talent means for me difficult scenes of violence, death, birth, love, sex, humor and so on. So I judge her like I would judge every girl who comes out of a amateur-drama-company. Show me your real talent!

But she avoided these difficult scenes in the past. No nudity, no this, no that.... I mean, the part of Sam was easy to play......

She is still the product of the people, surrounding her. These people making a lot of money out of her and her image. Maybe she realises slowly that she is on the wrong track, but it is maybe too late. Hollywood never excuses mistakes, idiotic comments about "insiders" (--> Emma about Paris Hilton) and childish behaviour. I think, Aronovsky was delighted about her "water"-commtents......

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't say she is ugly, did I? I just said for a movie star, she is not much to look at. There are plenty of more attractive women in the UK. And they're not even celebrities. She is 'special' because she was chosen to portray a beloved character since she was young. This image sticks and it makes her look more attractive than she really is. She is right to take advantage of this. It has won her many fans and therefore gives her more opportunities to get roles, even if they're given to her just because the producers want to take her fans' money.

Jonny Carinthia said...

I just tried to point out that there is no use in a lenghty discussion about beauty. You are are right, I saw many, many beautiful girls and women during my last week in London, not hyped and all worth a second look. In all other points you are right - she is in a way with her fan base a cash cow for producers.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jonny that she has made many blunders with her statements in the media. Those kind of comments are usually spoken by someone with a stronger standing in the industry than her. Someone with a big bargaining power, not some ex-child actor with questionable talents.

I also agree with the previous anon that she is not that good-looking. She looks like a boy, not a woman, and she looks really young for her age. Her popularity is mostly due to her fans growing up with her and their attachment to Hermione. That's it. Her somewhat attractive looks is just a bonus.

marcie said...

I am sure she doesn't mind winning some awards, even if they're nothing special. At least it's something and probably people would be like 'Aw, she is so under-rated.'

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ I was told, that making such comments (like about Paris Hilton) is more or less commiting suizide in the industry. The golden rule is: "Never, really never say something nasty about a fellow actor or director".

I remember a documentary about Halle Barry. In 55 minutes she had not ONE bad word about her collegues. All were "nice", "awesome", "good to work with". Of course you can have troubles with collegues, but never speak about that aloud. And, most important, keep you personal opinion about a fellow actress(/actor for yourself.

Miss Watson has still a lot to learn.....

Anonymous said...

Oh man, not the 'under-rated' talent again. Some stans forum have said that with I imagine a very serious tone and a straight face, I was like 'Oh please'.

Jonny's right. Sam is an easy role, not very challenging, a little bit of an eye-candy, manic pixie dream girl vibe. Thing is, she didn't even nail it. If you have a modicum of talent, you would be able to give something to the role and the movie, she couldn't do this. The line delivery was awkward and her acting, as usual, was painful to watch. At least, she looked good. That's something.

Anonymous said...

Miss Watson has still a lot to learn --> It's weird, though, don't you think? She is not new in the industry. She's been in the business for years yet she made this kind of comments? The one with Paris Hilton, I think she just tried too hard to look sophisticated and educated. Problem is, she was being hypocritical there, extremely so.

I think Paris Hilton is the same with her, extremely privileged but useless and talentless. But why say stuff like that about a person with a strong connection? The Hilton family is powerful, you know. You don't find trouble with people like that, and for what? I think she is really stupid and she should shut her mouth.

marcie said...

As much as I agree with anon that she's not that hot, beauty is well, mostly, in the eyes of the beholder, like Jonny said.

I prefer unassuming but talented actresses with understated beauty, like Carey Mulligan, or Mia Wasikowska, or Eri Fukatsu.

Emma Watson is more of a celebrity than an actual artist. I think she tries to have some career in Hollywood and she relies heavily on her fan base and her connections, but she is not daring enough to make a breakthrough and show her potential. I think she knows she is not very capable of it and she just plays it safe. But until when would this sustain her career?

Anonymous said...

It's rather sad that some people think that just because Emma doesn't have size D tits, that means she has a boy's body.

Echee said...

Not so much her breast but it's part of it and I don't think it's the main reason. She has a straight up and down body with no curves. In 2011 and parts of 2012 she had more of a womanly figure. After Bling Ring she went back to her weight in early 2010 and 2009, 2008. In her middle teens she had more curves but I think when she started toying around with Chanel and modeling she lost weight and toned up a bit. When she stops working out and whatnot you see what happen if you look at photos from 2011 and parts of 2012. She also has a androgynous face which also leads people to believe she looks like a boy.

As far as I'm concerned I think she's pretty. Even when she had short hair. But I wouldn't call her a bombshell or a pin up girl. I agree she does have that girl next door vibe guys are attracted to. And I never thought she looked like a boy but some people do and I understand why. I do think she looked more healthy (curvy) and more womanly in 2011.

Anonymous said...

It's more her face than her body, I think. Natalie Portman is not exactly well-endowed in the chest department either, but she never has any difficulties showing that she is an adult woman.

Anonymous said...

She has said many stupid things too during Potter. It's nothing new. I think the difference is Warner was very protective of the Potter brand and exercised more control in the publicity by the actors. While now, she is left alone to fend for herself. I have the impression that she truly thinks she is better than most people. She is quite judgmental.

Anonymous said...

@E ... "I agree she does have that girl next door vibe guys are attracted to"

Don't forget the Emma/Hermione Synergy!

Anonymous said...

Meh, she is not that pretty.

Jonny Carinthia said...

She was really hot and "grown up" at the Elle-awards 2011. The dress with the exposed hips and her whole appearance - even with the short hair - was, uhm, "tasty". She had perfect legs in the high heels, she wore. I thought "whow" and was deeply shocked when I saw her a short time later on the pics, taken at the opening of a event at New York. This was the first time I thought, that she looks like a "boy". Oh, btw, a two day ban was the result of talking about that in a fan-forum... ;-)

I agree with Echee, she is, after all, pretty. Emma still kills me with her eyes and her smile, I have to confess. She was a natural beauty at 17-18 and is still over average. And, talking only about her physical appearance, a chick you would definitly date. She should eat a little bit more (I always says, her current body only pleases creepy Lagerfeld) and she would be ok, a pretty young female.

Oh, and the boobs-thing: a "double-D" is not nessassary to be attractive. But, even you have only A+ or B, you should make something out of it, even if you "push" a little. But this is in contrast to her "virgin Emma"-image, so you see her boobs (B, I think) only on certain pap-shots (like the one in the steet, when arguing with her mother).....

So, conclusion, she has all the physicals assets to be a extraordinary woman. Unfortunatly her ego and her behaviour does not correspond, which is really sad.

But I think, the main focus of this blog is not her body. We all have to deal with that, what god gave us.......

Anonymous said...

Heh. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. People just have different tastes. I personally don't think she's hot, at whatever age. She is cute, at most. And her legs are short and stumpy. But that's just me. Echee is right, she has an androgynous face, and in certain angles, with a short hair, she indeed looks like a boy. Some people even say she looks like Justin Bieber.

Anyway. She has an attitude problem, me thinks, but I still think the biggest part of her 'failure' in Hollywood is due to her lack of talents.

Having said that, she still seems to have a good connection. The offers are few and far in between, and they're small, but it's still there. So there are people who either think she has some talent, if offered the right part, or they just want money. I think it's the latter. I am sure her fans would disagree.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^^Whatever floats your boat...

Thanks, made my day!

Anonymous said...

Lack of talents? What are you talking about? Eyebrows acting huzzah!

I won't pay money to watch her, but sometimes you have no choice, like when you kid brother wanted to watch Harry Potter. The key thing is don't expect too much. It's still bad. Jesus. Those eyebrows. Terrible. Once I even laughed out loud in the theater, it was that bad. But lower your expectation (and I meant, low, as low as you can) and it will become bearable. Kind of.

Anonymous said...

No problem, dude. You think she's pretty, I don't. Life goes on. Let's move on.

Anonymous said...

Looks like she's yelling at her boyfriend here

http://www.emmawatsondaily.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=486&pid=23573#top_display_media

Echee said...

Thanks, emma-what-son posted the link on her tumblr. I wonder why so animated?

It reminds of...

http://meettherealemmawatson.blogspot.com/2011/05/emma-watson-diva.html

New post coming maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I appreciate the debates and brining life back to this blog.

Jonny Carinthia said...

She is not yelling at him.... She is telling him in her normal voice what he has to do next.... ;-)

Echee said...

I'm wrking on another post. New one up soon. It's probably going to be the shy and introvert claim but at the same time working on one about Hermione with new quotes I missed when I stopped doing this blog a while back.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Go, Echee.... a very interesting and psychological topic!

Anonymous said...

Regarding your pic caption "Emma Watson: 23 years old and can't even carry a hat box": Are you saying that she's physically incapable of carrying an empty hat box in and of itself?

Anonymous said...

echee means she cant carry a box and needs someone to carry it for her

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^^Of course; if you are a real star, you push your own luggage. If you pretend to be a star, you have always some sort of "aid" with you, wether for carrying hat-boxes, pushing trolleys with luggage or even giving you a bottle, ääääh a cup of fresh water....

Oh, and luggage: My girlfriend asked my, why she is travelling with luggage. With her fortune she could afford two complete sets of clothing, shoes ecc. at NY and London. I told her, that poor Emma only owns 8 pairs of shoes and I think, it is the same with unterpants, trousers, jeans, shirts.... So when she travels, she need three full suitcases for her whole stuff.....

Jonny Carinthia said...

UPDATE: Emma Watson is presenting an Oscar at the Academy Awards on Sun 2. March.

Jonny says (sorry, Echee):

* Oh, Hollywood is running out of real stars.

* I hope they keep her away from the bar.

Anonymous said...

Haha, what's with Emma and the bar?

Jonny Carinthia said...

The story goes, that she needed some controlled liquid substances to buck up courage to enter the stage at the Golden Globes....

SD said...

LOL. It´s amazing how her stans are reacting to her presenting at the Oscars. Some are acting like she´s hosting the entire show, or that she´s practically winning an Oscar.
She´ll probably be on stage for like 2 minutes or so. And like at the GG, she´ll be presenting one of the "smaller" winner. I hardly doubt she´ll be presenting "movie - actor- actress - director" awards

Jonny Carinthia said...

Yes, they are running wild.... Some of them are talking, that she will get one for "Noah" next year....

My greatest fear is, that she is wearing again a creepy, awfull "trousers + something" combination. Someone should tell her that she has not the body, not the ass and not the shape for that.....

SD said...

My greatest fear is NOT Emma getting an Oscar nod (AS IF!!!!!!!!) or winning one (BIGGER AS IF!!!!!!!!!!)

NO my greatest fear is how many of her crazy stans will react if she does...That would be a NIGHTMARE

Echee said...

It will never happen but now that you planted this nightmare in my head I wont be able to sleep tonight, lol.

Anonymous said...

I thought she looked a bit tipsy and nervous when she presented that award at GG. The poor thing. She must have felt inadequate being surrounded by people much more famous and talented.

Anonymous said...

"echee means she cant carry a box and needs someone to carry it for her"

So Emma needs someone to carry an empty box for her?

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ May I draw your attention to the last pic in the article above? You see Emma Watson accompanied my a employee of JFK-Airport, carrying a hatbox (empty or not does not matter) for her through arrivals.

So, the answer to your question is: YES

Anonymous said...

"^^ May I draw your attention to the last pic in the article above? You see Emma Watson accompanied my a employee of JFK-Airport, carrying a hatbox (empty or not does not matter) for her through arrivals.

So, the answer to your question is: YES"

Therefore, you're saying it would be physically possible for her to carry that box if it contained something extremely heavy, correct?

Jonny Carinthia said...

The guy in the picture carries the hatbox easily, as you can see. And he holds the hat box (which is made normaly witrh thin cardboard and not steel) at the string, so the content - if there was any - could not be "heavy". Furthermore it seems to be hand-luggage, so not too big and not too heavy.

And if it is too heavy, she could use a trolley (uups, not possible, she is no longer pushing trolleys herself).

This picture showes a great DIVA-MOMENT of Emma.....

Anonymous said...

her fans are dumb