Emma's quotes to remember

DISCLAIMER: This blog is my opinion. I'm not saying everything I say is true but I'm not making anything up. I pride myself on using facts, evidence, sources, and deductive reasoning. I'm not an inside source but I was not born yesterday. I use Emma's words showing her inconsistencies with what she says versus what she does. Everything she says is actually the opposite of who she is when you pay attention to what she actually does. She preaches about being honest and true to yourself when she isn't. She claims virtues and convictions she doesn't adhere to. She constantly portrays a false sense of modesty, morality and ethics that she never follows. It's not her actions that bother me. She can smoke crack for all I care. It's all her deceptions that built up her fake persona she gets lauded for. She is more of a brand than being the genuine article. Emma is a prettily weaved illusion designed to trick you. She is a celebrity (they get so much attention in society) and she is pretty (beauty culture obsession), and these days that’s as good as being a god (celebrity worship syndrome). This blog was not created to point out what an awful human being she is. I don't believe she's a horrible person but when it comes to a stereotyped fake celebrity she fits the mold perfectly. This blog was created as a push back to the mindless adoration and to point out what others refuse or fail to do. I don’t know Emma the private person but what I do know is Emma the public person (celebrity) is full of contradiction, hypocrisy and deceptions. Her entire public persona is built on being the anti-celebrity but in reality she's ever bit of the fame hungry attention seeker she claims not to be. Celebrities should be looked at as products. They're trying to sell us (the consumers) something by using the same marketing ploys we see in ads every day. They make millions doing this. We have every right as consumers to call bullshit when the product does not work as advertised. Celebrities made a choice to be public figures and can walk away if they wish, so anything they put out there is up for debate.

QUOTES OF EMMA'S TO REMEMBER: "There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case (2009)." and "I do not think I "ought" to be a model of reference for my fame. But I want to do something good by using my public image and reputation (2009)." and "Actually, I'm quite shy, I've never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo's Dory. I just keep swimming and don't turn around to watch the mess (2010)." and "I think you should be yourself because otherwise, you'll be on the wrong path and the results are not gonna be pretty (2010)." and " It's very weird. I have to kind of like switch heads. Sometimes I manage it seamlessly, and other times I feel rather all over the place. I explained to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic, like I have a split personality (2010)." and "In terms of a role model the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself (2011)." and "Never have something to hide or lose (2011)." and "Fame was never something I ever aspired to and it's not something I aspire to now really (2011)." NEW ONES (I find these new ones peculiar because I've said she's fake and a brand repeatedly since February 2011: Is she trying to come clean?): "Let’s say there’s a side of me, the one represented in the media, that does not match who I really am in private life. (2012)." and "It kind of does feel that way [like I am a brand]. That’s just something I’ve come to realize, that there’s a public persona (2013)." and "When you’re playing someone else and you’re playing a public persona for the media, you almost lose your own identity and who you are." and "I try my best to be as authentic as I can. I try to be real, but I also understand there’s a distinction between the me that walks red carpets, and the me that is just myself, at home (2013)." and "Similar to you, I used to try to hide what I was doing, and I would end up in these awkward positions where I would have to go and do something [for work] but I would say I was doing something else. I would try to hide that I had a car picking me up—I would hide the car around the corner so that people would think I was walking. All of these elaborate kinds of schemes to pretend I was like everyone else (2013).”

ONE MORE EMMA QUOTE TO CONSIDER from an interview in 2009, "Did you ever steal any of the props? “Yes, I did. We were doing a scene in Gringotts and there was all of this plastic gold that’s in there, but Dan, Rupert and I spent like the whole week smuggling it out for crew members who wanted souvenirs. They weren’t giving any of it away, so we nicked it. We were actually competing in the end and I got really good at it. I looked like the innocent one, so they nobody really noticed me, but they checked the boys. So I think I got about four or five pieces out. That was funny.” And that's the just of it. Emma looks to innocent to be anything other than what she makes herself up to be. It makes doing this blog rather difficult at times because people do not want to believe Emma is anything but honest. There is also the issue of Emma stating for years she is just like the fictional character Hermione. People get confused between Emma the actress and Hermione the make believe character she was portraying. They are nothing alike.

OTHER QUOTES: "The great thing about Emma is that she's a chameleon that can communicate anything you ask." - Mario Testino. "Any actor who tells you that they have become the people they play, unless they’re clearly diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is bullshitting you.” - Gary Oldman. "The image is one thing and the human being is another...It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way." - Elvis Presley. "It is much easier to be honest than to be caught up in a bunch of lies. At least this way, you know who you are." - Mila Kunis

Two pages to check out:
1.) meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com (me)
2.) emma-what-son.tumblr.tumblr.com (no affiliation)

February 25, 2014

Emma Watson finally comes clean about Hermione Granger

This has to be added to my blog. I missed this because I quit doing this blog at the time of these two quotes from adelaidenow.com. The last Hermione post I did was 6/10/12.

From the very beginning of this blog I said Emma used the personality and character of Hermione to create her public image. She has constantly been confused with that character. I also said it seems like she mind fucked herself because of all the contradicting quotes of  'I'm just like Hermione' to trying to separate herself from Hermione and then saying how she has to figures out who she is because she was someone else for ten years. I did six disorganized and repetitive posts on this that have many quotes. Yeah sorry about that, lol. She's a repetitive interviewer so that's the only other excuse I have. 

From adelaidenow.com Nov 2012, "Watson has been a famous person for 13 of her 22 years. Her tearful manner reveals she is not hardened to the realities of it. "I started off at the beginning of the [Harry Potter] series adamantly protecting my own sense of self and my identity as Emma," she says. The book has now been placed, cover down, in the space between us. "I was this nine-year-old who would be sat in these interviews going, 'No, I'm not anything like her, I'm different because of this and this and this - at nine." She sighs. "People would say, 'You are really Hermione, aren't you?' and it went on and on till it got to a point where I said, fine. It's easier for me to say we're one person because that keeps everyone happy. I'll go with that." ... but then ... From dailyrecord.co.uk June 2011. Emma reflects on the end of an era, how much does she feel she has in common with Hermione, a bookworm who has become something of an action girl? Emma said: "I probably started out more like her and got less like her."  ... of course a different take where she started off more like Hermione but this is no surprise she does this all the time.

First let me say, "I TOLD YOU SO!" Second you need to click the link to this first post and read this interview. It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard to me. There's so much BS in it and then there is her whining which is annoying. So.... here she is trying to make it seem like she was this innocent little nine year old of which is pure bullshit. Yeah she was innocent at nine and much more honest and of course likable but twenty-three year old Emma is not. She was still "adamant" by the second film and did not realize the impact of using Hermione for her public image until she was older.

From iheartwatson.net Nov 2010 (from emmawatson.com) "This was my second film and by now Leavesden Studios and the people there had become like a second family. I remember being adamant that I wasn’t like Hermione with her tweed skirts and bushy hair. But, as I grew older I realised she was the greatest role model a girl could have." ... and ...  From iheartwatson.net BBC May 2006, "It feels sometimes I don’t really have to act anymore, as I’m so close to her and know her so well. And there’s so much of me in her, and her in me that, it feels I’m barely doing anything sometimes. So, I think it’s been wonderful and I’m very fond of Hermione’s character and I think that she’s turned into someone that a lot of people can identify with and I think she’s a great role model."

Emma did not really start to compare herself to Hermione until after the third film. She realized something. Somewhere around GOF promotion she inherited Hermione's love of school when before she said she didn't like it or was obsessed with books like Hermione. She made the decision to be disingenuous about it in her middle teens. That's a far cry from being a nine year old child. Why? Because what she said with Hermione being a role model. She used that to gain appeal and it created her current public image. When HP started to near the end she started to distance herself a bit but not fully since she often went back to "I'm just like Hermione".

From iheartwatson.net July 2009, "That’s one of the strangest things. I’m sort of — well, not public property, maybe, but there’s no sort of social barrier. The fans are quite forthcoming actually! They all feel they know me. But I’m not Hermione. For one thing, I’m not very good at math at all." ... probably because you kept on saying you were just like Hermione so therefore that's why then and still to this day they think you're just like Hermione. From justjaredjr.buzznet.com November 2010 (Marie Claire Mag), "Playing Hermione just came so naturally; I had a real affinity for her. I felt like I knew exactly who she was. Like me, she’s very loyal and determined, she’s very intelligent, and she has a lot of guy friends, as I do. Her eagerness to please and to have the right answer is definitely like me. I’m a perfectionist, so my bossiness definitely comes out."

This is telling

From adelaidenow.com Nov 2012, "To go from obscurity to being one of the most famous girls on the planet, earning millions of dollars - an entire childhood spent oscillating between a film set and a classroom - an identity crisis was inevitable. "That's why I'm crying. I don't know how to juggle this leap: from a safe character I played, and a safe persona I had, to promoting this new character in Perks."
 
Why is she crying? Ever notice these types of fan fiction interviews she gets so emotional? She either gets really mad or she's crying and she's always the victim of some first world privilege problem. She was afraid of losing a good portion of her fan base because she can no longer use Hermione as a crutch or a reference to her personality. She has to take on other roles and rely on being Emma the actress and not Hermione Watson or Emma Granger. Yet her next film was The Bling Ring playing naughty Nicki. Way more worse than Sam which was not that bad.


In June on 2012 she said this interesting little quote of which I don't believe a critic had this discussion with a nine year old Emma. I think possibly this is where the idea came from. A film critic gave her the bright idea to use Hermione a fictional character to her advantage.

From facebook.com/emmawatson June 2012, "A film critic also once told me that acting was unlike any other in the entertainment industry – an actor's job is to tell other people’s stories; to suspend an audiences disbelief and make them believe you are who you are portraying" ... and she basically admits to it ... From iheartwatson.net (Io Donna: March 2011) "I do not think I "ought" to be a model of reference for my fame. But I want to do something good by using my public image and reputation." of which is Emma being just like Hermione.

Like I said it mind fucked her because she was living a lie (the first quote is from same interview I started this post off with)

From adelaidenow.com Nov 2012, "I felt like I was schizophrenic, living two completely different parallel lives. And that messes with you. I wanted to start fresh - but you can't - I can't divorce the side of me that is an actress and a public person, right? I have to accept that all the sides of me are part of me and I have to find a way to bring them together a bit. I tried to keep them separate but it's too much of a head-f ... " ... Yes she tried ... From express.co.uk 2007, "There is Hermione. There is Emma. There is a private life and a professional life. I never mix them." ... but then in that same year she admits to mixing them ... From telegraph.co.uk  2007 "In many ways, it's hard to separate her from Hermione Granger. 'Yes, it is, isn't it?' she says all in a rush. 'Sometimes even I get muddled which one I am, because I know Hermione so very well" .... but then ... From facebook.com/emmawatson August 2012, "I always had quite a strong sense of who I am, but it's nice coming through this and feeling like I still managed to maintain my own sense of identity away from something that potentially could have overwhelmed." ... she's something else, lol (rolls eyes).... From musicrooms.net June 2011, "It's very weird. I have to kind of like switch heads. Sometimes I manage it seamlessly, and other times I feel rather all over the place,” she told USA Today. “I explained to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic, like I have a split personality. "

More examples where it leaves no doubt

From collider.com Nov 2010 , "Parts of my personality have slipped into Hermione and parts of her personality. I’m sure have like unconsciously affected me. I’m sure. I’m positive." ... and ... From huffingtonpost.com Nov 20th 2010 Watson acknowledged there has been some "cross-pollination" between herself and Hermione and says she will miss playing the role tremendously — but it's time to enter a new stage. "I think for now I need to, for my own peace of mind, need to say, 'OK, this is over, you need to move on,'" she said, "For my own sanity I need to hang up on her." She went onto to say, "I wish I knew myself as well as I knew Hermione, because I feel as if like I know that character like the back of my hand." ... and ...  From thisislondon.co.uk July 7th, 2011, "There is something existentially weird about seeing her own image everywhere, on billboards, pencil cases, Lego sets. "I have to bear in mind that it's not me, it's my character. It looks like me; but it's not me. It's Hermione." She repeats it softly, like a spell. "It's Hermione, Hermione." Hermione." ... and ... From ontheredcarpet.com July 2011, "I have spent more of my life being someone else than I have being myself," the actress told the UK Newspaper The Daily Mirror in an interview at the premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2."

Then there is this

From dailymail.co.uk October 10th 2011, "We had a bit of a thing a while back,"  Made In Chelsea's Francis Boulle the 22-year-old reveals to this week's Heat magazine "She’s a very different person to who she is in the media. That’s what I liked about her – she’s very interesting.' ... and ... From rupertgrintpress.com April 2006, " Jo: And if I can just throw a load of names at you and you give me a word each, to describe various characters that you work with. So first of all, we’ll start with Daniel. Harry Potter. James, one word…James: How about two words? Music lover.Jo: Okay, Rupert? You don’t have to be so nice. Rupert: Hyperactive. Jo: Yeah okay that figures, having met him. Rupert: He’s really funny actually. Jo: Okay, Gary Oldman, who plays Sirius…Rupert? Rupert: One word…cool. Jo: Okay, Robbie Coltrane… James: Sound. Rupert: Robbie, he’s hilarious, he’s really funny Oliver: I’ll have to say tall then, change it a bit. Jo: Okay, Hermione…Emma Watson… Oliver: Different, in a sense. Different to her character, totally. (Thanks to emma-what-son for this last one)

But yet through all that she still held onto being just like Hermione one last time

From vogue.com June 2011, "Her words could just as well apply to what is happening around us. The increasingly febrile atmosphere is, frankly, terrifying as word filters through that Hermione Granger, Emma’s alter ego (who will make her final appearance in this month’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2), is in the building. As Hermione’s perpetual adolescence has given way to Emma’s young womanhood, the fashion world has taken notice. Having played the same character for ten years, Emma could not help falling prey to self-doubt. "Hermione is so close to who I am as a person that I’ve never really had to research a role," she says. I’m literally rediscovering what it means to be an actress."

The vogue quote was the last time she compared herself to Hermione. After that she began separating herself with that DH2 premiere quote from the daily Mirror. She eventually went on to calling Hermione like a sister and started referencing her as a role instead of being just like her. Last time she spoke about Hermione was her interview with J.K. Rowling for wonderland Magazine where she said she loved her and then said she didn't think Ron could make Hermione happy. She was speaking as Emmione there. As fictional Hermione said about Ron in HBP, "I've always found him interesting." I think Ron and Hermione would be ok. Besides, Emma likes the Victor Crumbs and Cormac McLaggen's in the first place.

These last ones ... lol

From dailymail.co.uk June 2013, "Hermione really started off as quite an eccentric girl, and the bits I really enjoyed were when she was unaware of herself. She had that hilarious lack of perspective" ... and ...  From kidzworld.com June 2013, "Speaking from my character’s perspective, Nicki is homeschooled, her sister’s her best friend. She has this very insular existence. I feel that she’s not really in touch with reality." ... and ... From entertainmentwise.com May 2013, "I'm just going, 'Any moment, someone's going to find out I'm a total fraud and that I don't deserve any of what I've achieved'." ... and ...  From iheart-emwatson.tumblr.com, "I try to be myself and make choices that I believe in- and if people think that’s worth looking up to, then that’s very flattering. But first and foremost, I have to be true to myself or it’s not authentic." ... and ... From guestofaguest.com March 2010 "Emma watson took a break from being a normal college student at Brown and filming her final scenes as Hermione Granger to support her fellow Brits last night at Pulino's. "You have to be authentic and true to yourself," she offered to the crowd of emerging British designers." ... and ... From emma-watson.net, July 2011, "In terms of a role model, 'the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself' was said to me by someone important to me."

^The Irony in these last quotes because lack of perspective, not in touch with reality, total fraud and not being authentic describes Emma perfectly.

image

Emma is supposed to be very smart, right? Or is that because she played Hermione? I think the latter is true but I don't think she's stupid. I think her intelligence is over hyped due to playing book worm know it all Hermione. Anyway if she's as smart and strong minded as people think she is and how she claims to be, then why would she let something like playing a character mind fuck her in this way? Dan and Rupert did not have this problem because, well, they were not going around saying, "I'm just like Harry" and "I'm just like Ron". They understood it was just a role. Unlike Emma who somehow got swept up in her own character. Maybe because she told so many lies about being just like Hermione she started to believe them? "I tried to keep them separate but it's too much of a head-f ..." Seems like that's a good possibility.

Basically her entire image and role model status is based off a fictional character because you can't go off what she says due to fact she does not adhere to it. What would be left? She's pretty? If so, that's really shallow and sort of sexist because your looks should not make you a role model.

This should be the last Hermione post because she finally came clean unless she starts talking about her again where she's doing more of her famed contradictions. With that being said and realized this might not be the last one, lol.

Check this one out because it goes with this post: Emma at it again (my first post when I came back)

85 comments:

Jonny Carinthia said...

Again well done, Echee.....

The main question for me (regarding the Emma/Hermione-thing) is, how much she was brainwashed by the people of Warner Broth. and the people around her. I mean, a 9 year old child can be easely formed and dragged in a certain direction by "kowing adults". I truly believe, that the "real person Emma Watson" is far different from the fictional "Hermione Granger", and I hope for her that it is so. Hermione Granger was as a untrue "rolemodel-girl" created by JK Rowling, putting all the things into the character, she would have loved for herself.

The story goes, that Emma was handpicked by JKR for the part. The psychological impact must have been intense; imagine you are a 9 year old child, loving a certain character in a book and you get told by the author: "Uhm, you are exactly how I see her....." This must have a certain impact on the fact, how this child/teenager sees the "real life".

Hermione may be smart, but she is boring, un-sexy (ok, it is a childrens book and a kiss is the limit) and I agree with Rowling, that the "marriage" with Ron would have needed counselling soon. Why? Because Hermione would a dominating, arogant, feministic, self-adicted bitch in the end (hm, this reminds me on E.....). Ron would never had the power to change her.

This is - to round things up - why I blame the people around her a lot for misguiding and even mindraping this child. She is what she is, because she was in fact left alone with a heavy task, to carry the part of a character, loved my millions of people. Even her parents gave her never the support she needed.. ("I was most of the time a unaccompanied child on set and during the promotional events, because my parents never would have given up their jobs for me to support or accompany me).

Echee said...

That all depends at what parts Emma is being honest. We really don't know the truth as to how the WB treated her regarding Hermione or her parents involvement. One quote she said she had no stability at home and then two years later she said she did. When she talks she tends, in my opinion, to over exaggerate a lot and make things a bigger ordeal than they are. I don't think her parents did not support her because she has quotes saying how her parents always gave her advice and whatnot. JK picked her because she was cute. Not because she looked or acted like Hermione. Even at nine years old heyman, rowling and kloves seen her marketability potential.

She always making herself out as the victim of everything and she's some innocent delicate little flower trying to make sense of it. That's how she sucks people in. IMO she's fully aware of how she acts, what she does and there is always a plan because she has said before she thinks ahead in the planning process. She's very calculated and manipulative in everything. Her problem is she's sloppy and she really, truly and no doubt lives I her own head about many of things.

BTW she never loved Hermione. She hated her. She thought she was bossy and horrible. Emma just wanted to be an actress. They came to her school and she went out for the part. anything she said later when she was a teenager about really wanting the part is BS IMO. She's been playing the fame game for a long time. After the third film she started to become business savvy and notice things in the industry and I bet someone even taught her how to play the game.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Muahahaha, she hated Hermione because she was BOSSY? And what is Emma? A shy "do not touch me"-flower? She is pushing the people around, making them living after her rules and throwing them away instead of helping them (--> William and his drug-problem).

You are right, we do not know how she is "real" (so I still say it would be nice to have dinner with her to find out), but I think her public appearance is simply a fake. And she is "planning" everything? Well, then she should fire her team at once, because for a good planning (of interviews, talk-shows ecc) she would need a good briefing, even about her "public opinions" to certain things.

Anonymous said...

I think she wants it all. When it's convenient for her, she is all 'I am just like Hermione! Nerdy, bookish, very into school.' Thing is, it's all fine and dandy when she was still in Potter. It's not so ideal when the franchise is over and people couldn't really separate her from that character.

Worse is she is not talented enough to throw that image away. Now she is like 'I am really serious about acting blah blah blah.' What did she think she was doing in Potter?

I think it is unwise of her to take advantage of Hermione image that far. Even Radcliffe, who has never said anything about him being just like Harry, when I see him play other character, his mannerisms are the same with when he was in Potter. I was like 'Okay, any moment now he would say some spells.' That's the problem. Once you've played an iconic character, it's very difficult to let go of that, the more so when you're shit at acting.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just have to battle one franchise with another, Harrison Ford style. Haha...

Anonymous said...

That's not a bad idea. I thought she has that Queen of something coming up. I don't know when, though. A lot of her projects are mere rumour.

Anonymous said...

Meh, I've never bought her 'intelligent' image. That girl repeatedly said very stupid things and she is not very articulate.

Also, no offence, but Brown is not exactly all that. I bet she got in because she was famous and because Brown wants some free publicity 'Hermione goes to Brown'

Anonymous said...

The Queen thing is confirmed, me thinks. The producer is from HP. I am not sure this is a good move for her. She will be playing a teenager (again).

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ But Radcliffe is even hard trying to get over his Harry-image, and, for me, he is doing it not bad.

^^ Queen of the Tearling, I think. A hyped book, nothing real, again only beeing "pretty" and some "eyebrow-acting", you know.

^^ I still think, she was not really "acting" in Potter. Daniel was more acting in his first movie, "David Coppefield", then she was ever acting in "Potter". I mean, which difficult scenes did she do? Maybe the "torture-scene" with Bellatrix could have been a task, but it was cut down due to "rating-reasons"... Or because she acted so bad the the material could not be used????????

Anonymous said...

Now she is like 'I am really serious about acting blah blah blah.'

^^^ She just wanted to show that she's really committed now. That the sub par performance in Potter franchise was just her not being very into acting. Yeah, right, who would believe her? If you're bad, then you're bad, why make excuses?

Anonymous said...

Why do people always bring up 'the torture scene with Bellatrix'? All she did was scream like a banshee. The only good performance in that scene was from Helena Bonham Carter. Not Emma Watson.

Furthermore, that scene is insignificant compared to the bulk of horrible acting she's been doing in all the eight movies.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ I think she thought she would get it the "easy way", and that her name and the "Hermione-Image" would open her doors. But then, hellas!, they wanted that she really act! That she kisses in front of the camera, that she cries, that she get naked, that she even have sex (softcore) in her roles.....

Sometimes I believe her, that she is deep in her heart uncertain and shy. Such people tend to "overdo" it in real life to hide their problems......

Anonymous said...

Radcliffe is working very hard, but I don't know, he's still lacking compared to other actors.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ "torture-scene" - as I said, it COULD HAVE BEEN a task to act - she indeed only screamed, although it is said that Yates shot 15 min (!) of material.....

Anonymous said...

My impression of her now is she has lost a lot of confidence. Back then during Potter heyday, she got a lot of attention, because she was one of the main characters, and Potter fans can be really crazy. But now, who is she? Jennifer Lawrence is the golden girl. Not to mention, other fantastic actresses like Carey Mulligan or Lupita Nyong'O. She was drowned by all these big names.

Anonymous said...

She needs to make excuses because nobody really offers her anything.

Iana said...

"it feels I’m barely doing anything sometimes" haha, yeah, got that right.

Anonymous said...

Oh God, I hate how she always makes it sound like being cast as Hermione and becoming an "actress" was the same as being selected for the Hunger Games and now she's doomed to be this public person FOREVER whether she wants to or not.

Anonymous said...

i don't like Emma because pretty girls like her have things handed to them without having to work for them and then they are always complaining they struggle in life

yo beotch!! you have it made!! stfu!!

Anonymous said...

""That's why I'm crying. I don't know how to juggle this leap: from a safe character I played, and a safe persona I had, to promoting this new character in Perks."

Oh my what a god damn Greek tragedy. Tears are streaming down my face. I can't deal ((( lifts hands to the sky ))) WHY LORD, WHY!

Anonymous said...

Her character in Perks is still a 'safe' one. It's not challenging. It's just a very boring manic pixie dream girl character.

She wants a difficult role? Try doing what Rooney Mara did in The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, or musicals like Le Mis. Playing Sam in a pretentious teen movie is not that hard.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't seem to understand that the world doesn't revolve around her. The things that she says make her look arrogant and self-centered. Her post-Potter roles are, to be honest, quite pathetic, but she still has the cheek to make them look much more than they really are.

Jonny's quite right, seems like she grew up being catered to, every single time, and she gets used to it.

I think it's good that Hollywood ignores her. Spoiled people like her need to have their massive ego beaten once in a while.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ She lost a lot of confidence, because the industry showed her, how the story goes.... She took part in auditions and was rejected, she learned that the big roles needing more then a little eyebrow-something and a pretty face....

Was funny when she refused indignantly "Shades". I mean, who can imagine a tied up Emma, beeing spanked in a movie? But with her staged disgust about the idea alone, that she could play Anastasia Steele, showed how unsecure and untalented she is. Then this part, after all, needs a very good actress...

^^ Nobody offers her anything because of the many bridges, she burned with her behaviour during the last weeks. The last friends are Weinstein and even Heyman, giving her roles as chash-cow for B-movies....

Anonymous said...

She has burned many bridges? What happened?

Anonymous said...

I thought that 50 shades rumour was deliberately planted by her publicity team. Just to give her some exposure, however pathetic. Most people were indignant on her behalf, which was quite funny, actually.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Maybe you should read this blog more in detail, then you would find out.....

Just some:

* Nasty remarks about other Hollywood celebs (f.e. Paris Hilton)

* List with "do & don'ts" for directors and casting agents (f.e. no nudity)

* List with preferred directors and co-stars (never talk about your favourits openly)

* nasty comments about other film-projects (f.e. Shades)

ecc. ecc.

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't understand why she would talk smack about other people in the movie industry. It's just so weird. It's understandable if she's new, but she's not.

Anonymous said...

Hm, I seem to remember she said she has never auditioned for parts.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Well, she says at Elle: "I am terrified to go to auditions.....".

And you will never hear from her that she was there, because after beeing rejected, her ego would not alow to confess that she failed.

Anonymous said...

I've never taken any celebs' complaints seriously. Hers included. Why should I? She is massively over-paid for doing what? Mere 'acting'. Badly at that. Cry me a river. What a dumb girl.

Anonymous said...

never talk about your favourits openly

But why? She probably thought they would be interested to work with her when she expressed that.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Because, in a ego-driven world like the movie-business you could upset someone by not naming him. She has / had enough possibilities to drive her ship in the right direction. No need to upset people openly.....

Anonymous said...

She's not very realistic when she named all those 'favourite directors' she wants to work with. What would she offer aside from her fan base?

Anonymous said...

She wants to work with those directors because she thinks it will solidify her as a serious actress.

It's a unprofessional and lazy way to go about your career because she's not trying to improve. She's going for name recognition.

Anonymous said...

If Emma were really smart like Hermione she would not be an actress or waste her time on fashion modeling. True nerds are perfectly happy spending their time on some campus or nose in a book. Learning to them is far more thrilling than recieving attention. She's never struck me as an intellectual as much as someone who wants to come off as deep and worldly. Her intelligence has been over blown.

Anonymous said...

But that doesn't make any sense. It also depends on what role you're playing. 'Oh, I worked with Ang Lee, but as a secondary supporting character with very short screen time' How would that help her career?

She's worked with Coppola, only as fourth billing, and her performance was quite bad. Noah is a bit better since it's more high profile, but still, she is only supporting.

Anonymous said...

She just pretends to be smart. That much is obvious. Not only she hasn't graduated from the uni, a lot of her statements are stupid.

She's even worse than Portman. I think Portman's intelligence is also over-rated, but she did graduate from Harvard on time.

Anonymous said...

A huge portion of her image in her fans' heads is merely fantasy. Oh, I know that it's like that with many celebs, but with her, it's particularly strong since most of them grew up with her.

If you visit fans forums, many will say she's a nerd. This is mind-boggling. If anything, she is more of a bimbo than a nerd. She's not as wild as Miley Cyrus, but she's far from angelic. How her fans can think this way about her is intriguing.

I remember watching her speech during GQ award and she sounded nervous. Someone commented 'Oh, how sweet, after all this time, she's still awkward.'
Excuse me? You're talking about a girl who is okay with being the center of attention in every movie premiere since she was young. She even blew kisses @ Cannes and you're telling me she has always been awkward? I think she was nervous because there are many many more powerful, more talented, more famous people in the room and the fact that she won Woman of the Year for doing nothing is so laughable, she knew that, the people in the room knew that. She's always been a shit actress, she couldn't even fake being proud of this 'achievement' and hence, the nervousness.



Anonymous said...

If you visit fans forums, many will say she's a nerd.

^^^ It's not really difficult to fathom. They think that way about her because they can't separate Hermione from Emma Watson. They're just projecting their fantasy about Hermione onto the actress. They don't care about the fact that she is so so different from her character. They are so crazy about Potter that when they finally have someone onto whom they can attribute Hermione's personality, they go over-board.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Her fan-base is the only real thing she has to offer, and producers and directors may know that. 17.000.000 Facebook-Fans and 12.000.000 followers on twitter are 29.000.000 possible buyers of a movie she is in. A tweet of her or a facebook message is more worth then gold. She is a cash-cow, helping small, independend movies to be successful.....

We do not know if she is a nerd or not. She is doing "online-studies" and got special treatment at Brown, Oxford, Worchester and so on.... Money can buy you everything and if your Mummy is a friend of somebody important at a certain uni, you can do you "studies" the easy way.

Oh, and the funny newsline of the day: the book "Shades of Grey" is now so often sold then "Harry Potter", both more then 100.000.000 times..... Hermione and Potter-fans must be rotating....

Anonymous said...

Good point. Her mum is friends with a professor from Oxford. I forget his name.

I've read stories on her mom and she seems like an enabler. Didn't she snap at extras on the HP set? I forget the story but I know she did something like that.

Anonymous said...

The key word is 'possible'. She does have many fans, but I don't think her star power is that big.

Her name would give a movie higher exposure but it doesn't always mean a bigger revenue. As far as I can remember, Perks didn't do that well. Bling Ring also flopped. The movie was still considered quite successful in the indie circle revenue-wise, but it's still very low when you take into account the number of the 'potential buyers' in her fan base.

Anonymous said...

She was rejected from her first choice at Oxford. That's why she is in her current college there. Still at Oxford, but obviously because of connections.

Anonymous said...

Alex Nicholls is the professors name

Anonymous said...

What she has and what she can offer is a strong positive image, cultivated since she was young. Many people said they would watch Noah because of her. When I asked them why would they enjoy eyebrows acting, they just shrugged. They see her not as a serious actress, but an idol. They don't care about her acting, they just like her image. An image of a bookish, smart, modest and good girl. Basically role model material. It's all an illusion, but many people buy it.

Echee said...

I've done some research on this and these people have replaced religion and gods with celebrities and fantasy of which you could claim religion is but still that's what they've done. How they defend and follow their idol is the equivalent religious people defending and praising their deity. They replaced mythology with celebritology.

I had a tumblr page after I quit doing this blog in 2012 dedicated to celebrity worship. I did not have that many followers (like 500) and no one really cared so I deleted it. Basically I trolled the celebrity tag reblogging people going on and on hwo perfect their idol is and pointed out of ridiculous it is. I added articles I found on CWS (celebrity worship syndrome) and some other things. I deleted it and created my meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.

Anonymous said...

@Echee,

Sometimes it's a bit scary how people can be that obsessed with celebs. They would invent anything to make their favourite celebs' image intact in their minds. What's interesting is when they accuse you of doing the same thing. So funny.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Her mummy must be a very dominating person; Emma once said "My mum could be frightening...."

Please take not only the revenue at the cinema-box-office in account. Perks and Bling were limited release in cinemas, the big money is made with DVD-sales.

Anon is right, she still is a nice "image", but is this enough?????

Echee said...

I know her fans think I am obsessed and I know how this looks to outsiders. I really don't care. I used to but this second time around I'm cool with it. It's just harmless hobby I guess. It's not a normal one but whatever. I still find it fun when she contradicts, deceives and is a hypocrite, and I love pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, Echee, you're not the only one who notice. A lot of my friends don't like her, if only because they think she's a bad actress who lowers the quality of the movies she is in.

Take Perks, for example. It's a bullshit teen movie, I know, but Ezra Miller and Logan Lermann are not exactly bad actors, esp Miller. Put Emma Watson in their interaction, the dynamics were ruined because of her incompetency. Her acting was so awkward and so boorish. I don't understand why they didn't just find a real American teen who can really act to play Sam. She brought them down.

Anonymous said...

@Jonny,

No, it's not enough. Have you noticed that her career is very lackluster? *rhetorical question*

The thing with Watson is she lacks charisma. That's her main shortage. On good days, she can be decent, but there is no charm. As attractive as she is, she is very boring on-screen.

Anonymous said...

Of course it's not enough. To be honest, her performance is very forgettable.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ First of all I think it is our responsibility, to question our "celebrities". Too many people are running behind a fake image and I confess, it happend to me, too. But only for a short time, then I checked that something is wrong....

So, Echee, you are doing a good job. A "rolemodel" must be genuine, not a faked image, set up by some PR-people.

^^ She has in fact no "career". I mean, a real career of a movie star is by growing from movie to movie. She is still only playing "girls" (even in Noah, although there is the possibility that we are surprised by a birth-giving Emma, alas!). She is still playing "herself", never slipped into a complete different character.

Echee said...

Loved reading what you guys have to say. I have to get off for now but check this out from my tumblr.

http://meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com/post/78096584342/emmas-the-type-of-celebrity-where-she-has-to

Agree or disagree?

Anonymous said...

Jonny, I like your comments.

Anonymous said...

Perks and Bling were limited release in cinemas, the big money is made with DVD-sales.

^^^ I don't dispute that, but can you really deny that the movies got more exposure because she was in them? Much much more than if she wasn't involved? Despite that, they didn't do well. That's my point actually. The mismatch between the claim that she's this 'talented/has many fans/big star' with the reality that her movies didn't do well.

Anonymous said...

Hm. Isn't box office result also indicative of DVD sales? If people like the movies so much, they would buy the DVD too? Take The Lord of the Rings, for example. It had a very satisfactory box office results, but the DVD sales was also very strong.

Jonny Carinthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ For me the vital question is, how much she is master of her own life and her own image. I mean, I do not grant her the intelligence that she is setting up all this b**lsh*t on her own; it seems that there are some very clever people behind her, pushing her in the right direction. It would be interesting to read her contracts with Lancome, Burburry ecc. to find out, which "behaviour" these brands expected from her.

This would make sence, if she is really a shy, introverted person (like she claimes). She was certainly pushed around during her time at Warner Broth. and her image was set up around the character, she played (more or less). I still think she got some sort of "brain-washing" and maybe she is the type for that.

That she replaced Matt for Will so fast is also a interesting thing. Maybe she is one of the femals who cannot be alone for a long time; maybe she is really in need of somebody who take her in the arms and hug and protect her. I do not think that she is sex-addicted, although she is certainly not the angel, her fans want her to be.
She dumped Will because of his obvious drug-problems (but I say, each man, who is with her and probably really loves her, suffers the danger to get into drugs), a not nice, but understandable reaction of her. In a fan-forum there was a short discussion, if this is fitting into her image; some fans their had the opinion that she should help him, not dump him. But, as we know, she is always right, so......

Matt seems to me that he is tough guy with both feets in life. I think he licked his lips when she approached him (at least some hot weekends in bed with her are worth some creepy pics at a caribian beach), because he is known as womanizer. And Emma had the PR she wanted to get rid of the drug-story of her ex. As I said: William really loved her, Matt is having funfun with her.....

We are talking her about the faked image of Emma Watson. What we do not know is the real human beeing behind that faked image.

^^ I think a production firm see the success of a movie allover; so it is not the box-office alone, what counts....

^^ I agree, she got Perks and Bling because of her fanbase. As I said, 29.000.000 possible buyers are not bad at all...

^^ You love my comments? Thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, there are rumours that Will had cheated on her repeatedly when she was out of town. He also said to complain about her 'being very boring in bed' to his mates.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ What do you expect? She is more in first class-compartments of airplanes then at home. I think it is no fun to wait for weeks for your girl alone at home.... This is why I think that Matt will cheat on her soon, too. And he is more of a womanizer then Will....

Boring in bed? I can imagine that very well. Remember: she is the boss and he has to live after her rules.....

Anonymous said...

I don't know, man. There are some opportunistic people out there, but I can't understand sleeping with someone just because he/she's famous. It's just so....cold.

Anonymous said...

Haha, why did you call the pictures at the beach creepy? I think they're more crappy, to be honest. Quite fake.

Anonymous said...

I think she was shaped mostly by the people who want to make money out of her. Her public image, especially.
I don't think it's really working after Potter, though.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Creepy/crappy... I have to improve my english, sorry... I mean, the pics were staged up to a certain point.

But as the rumour goes, Matt is collecting "girls" like trophies. So A Emma Watson on the shelf is not bad.

And I bet there are many men out there, wanting to have sex with her. Or, as a guy at a London pub said not long ago: "f***ing the s**t out of her to get her normal...."

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't doubt that. They would probably go 'I want to screw Hermione'. *shrug*
She is not a troll plus she's famous.

I think Radcliffe is quite unattractive, but there are many girls who are willing to sleep with him just because he was Harry Potter.

It's nothing new.

Anonymous said...

It seems that every body knows her new beau is a really really serious womanizer. I hope she know this too.

Anonymous said...

The guy was spotted a couple of times kissing many other girls at his uni. I personally think this relationship is just a fling, conveniently staged as a PR damage control. It won't last long.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ Yes, because he had a twitter-account with some very "clear" messages about "victories" and "new markings at the bed-post". Then, suddenly, his account went "private". And, just look at him, even as a man I find him more attractive then Will ever was. Ok, with his beard he looks at the moment like a shepherd from Scotland, but his physical appearance is certainly stimmulating for girls.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, she has questionable taste in men.

Anonymous said...

He has a nice bod, but his face is not very nice to look at.

Oh well. Being Emma Watson's boyfriend probably gives him a presence in the media. It certainly gets people talking about him.

Jonny Carinthia said...

BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS

I was just banned from a certain Emma-Fan-Page, because "you have changed to the dark side."

I feel like Darth Vader at the moment, *lol*

BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS

And here a little scene out of Emmas bedroom:


Emmas bedroom. On the bed, half nude, Emma and Matt. Kissing, cuddling, having fun.

Matt: "I love you, Emma!"
Emma: "I love you, Matt!"

Kissing again.

Matt: "I want to sleep with you, Emma!"
Emma: "Ok, no problem. Just a moment....."

She jumps out of the bed and grabs a sheet of paper from a comode.

Emma: "Befor we f**k, please sign here, here, and here....."
Matt: "What the hell.....?"
Emma: "Oh, just the usual non disclosure form...."

Yes, I think this is the right way to start and keep a relationship.....

Anonymous said...

you have changed to the dark side

^^^ What the hell does it mean?

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ I think, some Emma-fans seeing this blog as the "dark side"....

Until December last year I was only posting in Emma-Fan-Forums....

:-)

Anonymous said...

Meh. I think they just couldn't handle the truth.

Anonymous said...

<3 this blog!!

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ You are not alone!

Anonymous said...

when is a new post coming?

Echee said...

Probably after the Oscar sometime middle of the week or the weekend unless something jarring happens then asap. FYI: I procrastinate here all the time. =)

Jonny Carinthia said...

With THAT tasty ass at the Oscars, she is definitly far away from Hermione....

"The less you reveal...." --> Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What ass? Looked flat to me. Some people even said it looked like she wore padding.

Jonny Carinthia said...

^^ She simply has a "pear-ass". There was no padding, maybe some pushing at her boobs. But this is nothing what could be used against her - nearly every star on the red carpet is doing it....

Anonymous said...

search for: emma watson illuminati on google and look at the pictures with her doing dat 666 thing... then search for: celebrity mind control or mk ultra respectively monarch programming
jk rowling is actually in this program. you could say emma watson has a split personality... please be tolerant

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo1JLD60VwU

Anonymous said...

I don't get the youtube video link