Emma's quotes to remember

DISCLAIMER: This blog is my opinion. I'm not saying everything I say is true but I'm not making anything up. I pride myself on using facts, evidence, sources, and deductive reasoning. I'm not an inside source but I was not born yesterday. I use Emma's words showing her inconsistencies with what she says versus what she does. Everything she says is actually the opposite of who she is when you pay attention to what she actually does. She preaches about being honest and true to yourself when she isn't. She claims virtues and convictions she doesn't adhere to. She constantly portrays a false sense of modesty, morality and ethics that she never follows. It's not her actions that bother me. She can smoke crack for all I care. It's all her deceptions that built up her fake persona she gets lauded for. She is more of a brand than being the genuine article. Emma is a prettily weaved illusion designed to trick you. She is a celebrity (they get so much attention in society) and she is pretty (beauty culture obsession), and these days that’s as good as being a god (celebrity worship syndrome). This blog was not created to point out what an awful human being she is. I don't believe she's a horrible person but when it comes to a stereotyped fake celebrity she fits the mold perfectly. This blog was created as a push back to the mindless adoration and to point out what others refuse or fail to do. I don’t know Emma the private person but what I do know is Emma the public person (celebrity) is full of contradiction, hypocrisy and deceptions. Her entire public persona is built on being the anti-celebrity but in reality she's ever bit of the fame hungry attention seeker she claims not to be. Celebrities should be looked at as products. They're trying to sell us (the consumers) something by using the same marketing ploys we see in ads every day. They make millions doing this. We have every right as consumers to call bullshit when the product does not work as advertised. Celebrities made a choice to be public figures and can walk away if they wish, so anything they put out there is up for debate.

QUOTES OF EMMA'S TO REMEMBER: "There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case (2009)." and "I do not think I "ought" to be a model of reference for my fame. But I want to do something good by using my public image and reputation (2009)." and "Actually, I'm quite shy, I've never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo's Dory. I just keep swimming and don't turn around to watch the mess (2010)." and "I think you should be yourself because otherwise, you'll be on the wrong path and the results are not gonna be pretty (2010)." and " It's very weird. I have to kind of like switch heads. Sometimes I manage it seamlessly, and other times I feel rather all over the place. I explained to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic, like I have a split personality (2010)." and "In terms of a role model the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself (2011)." and "Never have something to hide or lose (2011)." and "Fame was never something I ever aspired to and it's not something I aspire to now really (2011)." NEW ONES (I find these new ones peculiar because I've said she's fake and a brand repeatedly since February 2011: Is she trying to come clean?): "Let’s say there’s a side of me, the one represented in the media, that does not match who I really am in private life. (2012)." and "It kind of does feel that way [like I am a brand]. That’s just something I’ve come to realize, that there’s a public persona (2013)." and "When you’re playing someone else and you’re playing a public persona for the media, you almost lose your own identity and who you are." and "I try my best to be as authentic as I can. I try to be real, but I also understand there’s a distinction between the me that walks red carpets, and the me that is just myself, at home (2013)." and "Similar to you, I used to try to hide what I was doing, and I would end up in these awkward positions where I would have to go and do something [for work] but I would say I was doing something else. I would try to hide that I had a car picking me up—I would hide the car around the corner so that people would think I was walking. All of these elaborate kinds of schemes to pretend I was like everyone else (2013).”

ONE MORE EMMA QUOTE TO CONSIDER from an interview in 2009, "Did you ever steal any of the props? “Yes, I did. We were doing a scene in Gringotts and there was all of this plastic gold that’s in there, but Dan, Rupert and I spent like the whole week smuggling it out for crew members who wanted souvenirs. They weren’t giving any of it away, so we nicked it. We were actually competing in the end and I got really good at it. I looked like the innocent one, so they nobody really noticed me, but they checked the boys. So I think I got about four or five pieces out. That was funny.” And that's the just of it. Emma looks to innocent to be anything other than what she makes herself up to be. It makes doing this blog rather difficult at times because people do not want to believe Emma is anything but honest. There is also the issue of Emma stating for years she is just like the fictional character Hermione. People get confused between Emma the actress and Hermione the make believe character she was portraying. They are nothing alike.

OTHER QUOTES: "The great thing about Emma is that she's a chameleon that can communicate anything you ask." - Mario Testino. "Any actor who tells you that they have become the people they play, unless they’re clearly diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is bullshitting you.” - Gary Oldman. "The image is one thing and the human being is another...It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way." - Elvis Presley. "It is much easier to be honest than to be caught up in a bunch of lies. At least this way, you know who you are." - Mila Kunis

Two pages to check out:
1.) meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com (me)
2.) emma-what-son.tumblr.tumblr.com (no affiliation)

March 30, 2014

Emma Watson criticises 'dangerously unhealthy' pressure on young women

From theguardian.com March 2014 , "Emma Watson has criticised the "dangerously unhealthy" image projected by the fashion industry and said the pressure to look perfect has taken its toll on her. The actor has also described her doomed attempts to merge into the background as a student at an American university, where she found herself being trailed everywhere by British photographers.

After the recent New York premiere of Noah, she tweeted a photograph of the array of cosmetics – and a guardian angel pin – that she said were essential aids to her flawless appearance, and another of herself in a backless dress captioned: "I did NOT wake up like this." The actress said she is better at taking criticism these days than she once was. "As a younger woman, that pressure got me down, but I've made my peace with it. With airbrushing and digital manipulation, fashion can project an unobtainable image that's dangerously unhealthy. I'm excited about the ageing process. I'm more interested in women who aren't perfect. They're more compelling."

Watson became famous playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies and has been constantly in work since. She is about to start filming a thriller, Regression, by Alejandro Amenábar and is also trying to complete her degree at Brown University, Rhode Island. She enrolled in 2009 for what would have been a four year course, but has taken several breaks for film work, and spent a year studying at Oxford. "After Harry Potter, all that mattered was university," she said, in an interview with the Sunday Times. "It wasn't always easy to break down barriers, as having men from the British press following me with cameras didn't help my mission to integrate. The American press, by contrast, "afforded me so much privacy", but her fellow students recognised her at once. "On the first day, I walked into the canteen and everyone went completely silent and turned around to look at me. I had to say to myself 'it's OK, you can do this'. You just have to take a deep breath and gather your courage."

GUARDIAN COMMENTER SAYS:

So something like this Burberry campaign she did a few years ago? Hypocrisy at its finest. She flaunts with the fashion industry and enjoys its perks all the time, but hops on the 'female beauty' bandwagon and enjoys a moan when it suits her. I'd find her socially conscientious pleas convincing if she hadn't profited in the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) from the big, bad, evil fashion/beauty industry. A few years ago, Emma Watson appeared in high-profile advertising companies for posh Paris fashion house L'ancome. I'm guessing she was handsomely remunerated for her 'work'. Certainly she was not forced into letting her photo shopped image be used to market expensive cosmetics and perfumes. Did she only discover how 'oppressive' the fashion industry is when L'ancome cancelled her lucrative contract?

Ms Watson is essentially a third-rate actress, and her pronouncements on large and complex issues, such as the pressures on women, are so idiotically vapid that one is brought to conclude that she really can have very little aptitude for higher education. I mean, her comments are hardly indicative of an educated person, or even of a moderately literate or intelligent person. By the way, I understand that she spent a year at Oxford as a visiting and/or exchange student while enrolled at Brown. How come? She is a British national, and so by rights she should not have gone to Oxford on a visiting/exchange student programme, irrespective of whether she happens a student at an American university. If I am wrong about this, then I should like to have some explanation as to her status at Oxford, and how she came by it. Otherwise, I suppose that one might be forgiven for thinking that it is yet another case of a once respectable academic institutions bowing down before the false idols of celebrity and money. (This is quite apart from the fact that all that one has read about her since she began life as a student concerns her acting career, her modeling and her various boyfriends.)

COMMENT FROM THE DM ARTICLE

Notice how it's always people who are very aware of how attractive they are that babble on about how it's okay to have physical blemishes? I'd like to see an ugly person say the same thing. Only someone young, beautiful and with her whole life before her can say that, and mean it. Sometimes, her comments maKe her more stupid. Get lost and Wingardium Leviosa. What a daft thing to say. But, then again, this is coming from someone who can't seem to finish uni. I feel like I've aged about 10 years reading this article. Annoying girl. Not only annoying, but also pretentious and disingenuous.

emma-what-son posted many more so check out her page

From wonderlandmagazine.com Feb 2014, "Fashion is this massive, huge industry, which I like to dip my toes into. But it’s not my industry."

^It's all these horrible thing but yet she can "dip her toes in it". See she says these idealistic things like above with air brushing and digital manipulation and people laud her for those kinds of statements but she then supports and does the very things she speaks out against.



Here's what I think

As for what she is saying about Brown it's a complete 180 from how she described it before 2013. In 2013 she started to elude to the fact it was not as great as she made it out to be. She gushed how wonderful her experiences had been to so many magazines. Now I think she's looking for pity and to have excuses why she never stayed at Brown. She preached how she was staying put. I am so fucking tired of having to post quote after quote proving my point with this when she lies time after time. She is not honest! What the truth is doesn't matter because she always lying. It's a constant thing with her.

As for the pressures on women she is really a piece of work. The guardian commenters summed it up nicely. She had no problem attaching herself to Burberry and Lancôme. She's had no problem giving them praise and talking about fashion and make-up in just about every interview. That part where she talked about photo shopping and air brushing. Just wow! Did she see the Wonderland magazine she edited? Some photos it didn't even look like her. She'll continue allowing her image to be manipulated no matter what. She thinks she’s aging? She still looks 15 without all the make-up and photo shopping. Last year she was stopped at JFK because they thought she was a unaccompanied minor. Did you know one of the product she pushed when modeling for Lancôme was an anti-age cream? That's the dumbest comment in her entire interview.

But really she's said this kind of stuff the last three years and most notably in 2011 where she had a various quotes about body image and being comfortable in your skin. I wont bore you with those quotes since I have before. She gets lauded for those comments and people place her in role model status but when you closely look at it they were just words that meant nothing at the time other than to make people think, “Emma is so anti-Hollywood!! She’s a role model for women and young girls” but meanwhile she never believed in any of it in the first place. At the time she said those things she was at a more healthier weight than she ever was. In 2011 you can tell she either stopped working out or ate more. I thought she looked her best then. Now she’s back to stick thin and even surpassed it a way IMO is unhealthy. She sending a bad message to women.

From standard.co.uk July 2011, “She sees modeling as an extension of acting, in fact - just playing a role - but is conflicted about its demands. “I think the pressure the media and the fashion industry put on women to look a certain way is pretty intense. There’s a certain tyranny to trying to achieve that kind of beauty. I don’t know, I’m maybe not the best person to speak about this because I obviously completely adhere to it,” she laughs nervously. “

^She really needs to start taking her own advice and quit being a judgmental hypocrite. Not just with this topic but everything she tends to speak out against that she does it herself.

Recently she tweeted a photo of all this make-up and I posted this on my tumblr days ago



^Same phone in this photo is what they're using in the bottom photo that I also posted on tumblr

She said something else recently (Sunday Times interview) that is just typical Emma. I covered this a few times.

From emmawatsonbelgium.blogspot.be March 2014, "For someone who has starred in eight blockbuster movies and is worth an estimated £30m, she is endearingly modest about how green she felt leaving Harry Potter behind in 2011. Emerging from that magical machine was “really intimidating”, she says. “I’d done two tiny plays when I was, like, six and eight, but I wasn’t driven to act. I wasn’t doing Oscar acceptance speeches into a hairbrush."

Yeah it might have no been a hairbrush but who knows she could be lying about that. She'd practice her speeches in mirrors.

From telegraph.co.uk July 2007,  "Pauline is utterly obsessed with being an actress and I was just like that when I was younger. I dreamt of it. I practised speeches in front of mirrors. Whenever there was a part at school, I went for it. I was probably a bit of a show-off in the sense that any chance to get up and be seen, I did it. I was such a drama queen. I used to wail and moan and cry, and little things were blown up into being big things. I don't know how my parents stood it, really. I've grown up a bit. I've had to. I actually really want to be an actress, a proper actress who makes it her career. I'm always expecting to be found out and I thought, If I'm no good, now is the time to find out."

She really wants people to think she all of a sudden wants to act. What I think is she is really trying to distance herself from her lack luster post Potter career by making it out like she now wants to act and that’s why she has no lead roles because her resume does not equal her hype. The last few years she’s separated herself from “always wanted to be an actress” to “I was not sure”. She’s being disingenuous as usual and people believe it. Plus she said she did modeling so directors and producers would look at her differently so that's why she used Burberry and Lancôme. And she did a course at RADA in 2008 so if she was not sure or didn't want to than why did she do these things?

One more thing from the Sunday Times interview

From emmawatsonbelgium.blogspot.be March 2014, "It’s about as close as she’ll get to revealing anything about her newest relationship, with Matt Janney, rugby hunk and Oxford’s most eligible bachelor. “I can’t comment on it, I’m sorry,” she says, suddenly jumping up and hastily bundling her things back into her bag, which has exploded across the sofa beside her. “I’m trying to keep my private life sacred, although I don’t want to lock myself up and never go out. So I guard it, because I don’t date people who are famous, and I don’t think it’s fair that, all of a sudden, intimate details of their personal life are public as a direct result of me. I find that so uncomfortable, and I wish there was a way I could protect those people, but it’s not in my control.” When I suggest her boyfriends are consenting adults, she looks worried. “But you don’t choose who to love, who you have feelings for, do you?” She throws her phone into her bag and retreats home to pack, as she’s flying to LA. Just a normal girl, then, off to present an Oscar."



So she can go to international magazines and complain she can't find a man or that men are intimidated by her? She had in the past before Will Adamowicz. It was in almost every one of her interviews for a few years. So she can use Matt Janney (this new guy) on a beach in a bikini PDA session as a publicity stunt to cover up her ex boyfriend being caught rolling coke bombs and also use him to product place an iPhone in Madrid but she wants to keep it private? And she doesn't date famous guys? What about Johnny Simmons (Young Neil) and George Craig (Front man for rock group One Night Only)?  If you can Google their name and you see them in movies or music videos, they're famous.

image

Check these old posts out

Emma says people were confused
Emma almost quit acting
Emma worries about looking good
Emma was all alone at Brown

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of the comment at the guardian link oh my!! I feel bad for those people's parent, they're so dumb. Does Burberry and Lancôme not compute in their brains?

Jonny Carinthia said...

I love the "Commando-knickers". In my country you can buy condoms (uhm, rubbers) in a almost similar packing. I thought first: "Hell, for what does she need condoms at a premiere....". (Ok, you never know, but....). So much fun.

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised most of her fans are shallow and well, dumb. Okay, maybe not dumb per se, but at least very easily manipulated.
I mean, come on. Couldn't they see how hypocritical her comments are? And it's not like the stuff that she said very profound or mature, those are just empty words.
Then again, what would you expect from fans you get from a franchise?

Anonymous said...

Echee,

Don't you ever feel bored? I like your blog, but damn this girl is so dull. She's so plastic and manufactured, it's like there is nothing genuine about her.


Anonymous said...

Wow. She sure tries really hard to sound deep and intelligent.

Echee said...

"Don't you ever feel bored? I like your blog, but damn this girl is so dull"

Yeah there are times I get bored and times I want to quit, and I have and always came back so that will probably be the pattern here until I eventually stop. The blog is not hard to do. I have a solid foundation set. I just sit and wait for her to say dumb things, to lie or contradict herself or do hypocritical things.

Probably what would make me quit for good is if Emma comes clean in a way where all those blind fools that praise everything she does says, "Holy shit Echee was right" or at least she finally receives a decent amount of backlash which includes the entertainment media finally doing their job by fact checking and not kissing her ass.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! I can't stand this pretentious flake.

Anonymous said...

Johnny Simmons and George Craig famous? I had no idea they even existed prior to their dating Emma Watson.

Duh don't ya know said...

I guess you lived under a rock because I knew who they were

Anonymous said...

Johnny Simmons and George Craig really arent that famous.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, whoever you are, doing this blog stop. You talk about how Emma Watson is contradictory and fabricated? Who cares? She is a B-list actress at best. The only thing I take away from this blog is that you are a sad, bored, hateful human. What a waste of time. Get a life. Jealous maybe? Because I cannot fathom why on earth else you would do this. Get help.

Dr Watson said...

^ Dr Watson will see you now....

marcie said...

She is indeed a B-list actress at best. Glad you agree with that, anon. My take is that Echee created this blog around the time when Emma was massively hyped. You know, the time when she talked about her stupid haircut everywhere? When she pretended to be in-demand? That was a pretty annoying period of time esp when you sort of wonder why on earth would the media pay any attention to untalented hacks like her.

And then we have her fans, who just worship her like she's God's gift to the celebrity world.

I guess you could always ignore them (the fans and the media) but it's a bit difficult when you follow celebs news and oh, there she is again, being in the news for nothing important.

I think Echee just wanted a place to rant. Hence, the blog. Perhaps he's just bored. I don't think he's a sad and hateful human being, though. Why is criticizing celebs (in Echee's case, most of his criticisms are valid, btw) immediately get you branded as hateful? Are we not allowed to dislike something anymore? It's not like Emma Watson is a nice person either. Granted, I don't know her personally, but a lot of her comments show how insufferable and pretentious she is, and many people who have met her said she was quite rude to people she thought are beneath her.



Echee said...

I love the jealousy accusations, lol. Such small minded creatures that can't see the bigger picture they resort to that kind of attacks.

@Marcie

thanks for that and you are correct

@everyone or anyone

I'm on hiatus at the moment and will pop back in at some point. I'm disenfranchised with anything on Watson. She's boring. Now watch some scandal will break out this week and I'll be back sooner.

Anonymous said...

Take your time. I admit that talking about her is getting more and more boring, simply because well, she's boring. Everything is same old same old with her. She sounds the same in every interview. I don't know how her fans don't get aneurysms from how repetitive and shallow she is.

What's worse is she only has so few roles. We can't even talk about her work because it's also not very interesting. I mean, Queen of Tearling? Really?

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I find her performance in Noah forgettable at best and poisonous to the movie at worst.

Do you really understand what A list means? Hint : Just because you're famous, it doesn't mean you're automatically A-list.

Anonymous said...

Did she get many good reviews for Noah? I admit I don't read a lot of websites. The site I usually go to did a review on Noah and the writer didn't even mention her.

I've seen the movie and I didn't quite agree with that particular review (I thought it was too harsh), but I wasn't impressed with Emma's performance. She could cry and wailed loudly, but she lacked depth, as usual.

Anonymous said...

I've never thought Emma Watson is A-list, not even when she's in Harry Potter and got massive attention.

Being A-list means being in demand for good roles. She is far from that. Her roles are small, only supporting and the number of good reviews she got was not that many.

She has connections so she could work with 'big time directors', but it seemed that they didn't trust her enough to be the lead.
I guess she's A-list in terms of fan base, but that's really nothing much.

Anonymous said...

There are people who actually think she's A-list? How bizarre.

Anonymous said...

can someone please tell me age of the writer of the website ?
and what country
is he from?

Anonymous said...

why do you want to know?

Anonymous said...

I just want to know..