Emma's quotes to remember

DISCLAIMER: This blog is my opinion. I'm not saying everything I say is true but I'm not making anything up. I pride myself on using facts, evidence, sources, and deductive reasoning. I'm not an inside source but I was not born yesterday. I use Emma's words showing her inconsistencies with what she says versus what she does. Everything she says is actually the opposite of who she is when you pay attention to what she actually does. She preaches about being honest and true to yourself when she isn't. She claims virtues and convictions she doesn't adhere to. She constantly portrays a false sense of modesty, morality and ethics that she never follows. It's not her actions that bother me. She can smoke crack for all I care. It's all her deceptions that built up her fake persona she gets lauded for. She is more of a brand than being the genuine article. Emma is a prettily weaved illusion designed to trick you. She is a celebrity (they get so much attention in society) and she is pretty (beauty culture obsession), and these days that’s as good as being a god (celebrity worship syndrome). This blog was not created to point out what an awful human being she is. I don't believe she's a horrible person but when it comes to a stereotyped fake celebrity she fits the mold perfectly. This blog was created as a push back to the mindless adoration and to point out what others refuse or fail to do. I don’t know Emma the private person but what I do know is Emma the public person (celebrity) is full of contradiction, hypocrisy and deceptions. Her entire public persona is built on being the anti-celebrity but in reality she's ever bit of the fame hungry attention seeker she claims not to be. Celebrities should be looked at as products. They're trying to sell us (the consumers) something by using the same marketing ploys we see in ads every day. They make millions doing this. We have every right as consumers to call bullshit when the product does not work as advertised. Celebrities made a choice to be public figures and can walk away if they wish, so anything they put out there is up for debate.

QUOTES OF EMMA'S TO REMEMBER: "There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case (2009)." and "I do not think I "ought" to be a model of reference for my fame. But I want to do something good by using my public image and reputation (2009)." and "Actually, I'm quite shy, I've never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo's Dory. I just keep swimming and don't turn around to watch the mess (2010)." and "I think you should be yourself because otherwise, you'll be on the wrong path and the results are not gonna be pretty (2010)." and " It's very weird. I have to kind of like switch heads. Sometimes I manage it seamlessly, and other times I feel rather all over the place. I explained to a friend that sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic, like I have a split personality (2010)." and "In terms of a role model the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself (2011)." and "Never have something to hide or lose (2011)." and "Fame was never something I ever aspired to and it's not something I aspire to now really (2011)." NEW ONES (I find these new ones peculiar because I've said she's fake and a brand repeatedly since February 2011: Is she trying to come clean?): "Let’s say there’s a side of me, the one represented in the media, that does not match who I really am in private life. (2012)." and "It kind of does feel that way [like I am a brand]. That’s just something I’ve come to realize, that there’s a public persona (2013)." and "When you’re playing someone else and you’re playing a public persona for the media, you almost lose your own identity and who you are." and "I try my best to be as authentic as I can. I try to be real, but I also understand there’s a distinction between the me that walks red carpets, and the me that is just myself, at home (2013)." and "Similar to you, I used to try to hide what I was doing, and I would end up in these awkward positions where I would have to go and do something [for work] but I would say I was doing something else. I would try to hide that I had a car picking me up—I would hide the car around the corner so that people would think I was walking. All of these elaborate kinds of schemes to pretend I was like everyone else (2013).”

ONE MORE EMMA QUOTE TO CONSIDER from an interview in 2009, "Did you ever steal any of the props? “Yes, I did. We were doing a scene in Gringotts and there was all of this plastic gold that’s in there, but Dan, Rupert and I spent like the whole week smuggling it out for crew members who wanted souvenirs. They weren’t giving any of it away, so we nicked it. We were actually competing in the end and I got really good at it. I looked like the innocent one, so they nobody really noticed me, but they checked the boys. So I think I got about four or five pieces out. That was funny.” And that's the just of it. Emma looks to innocent to be anything other than what she makes herself up to be. It makes doing this blog rather difficult at times because people do not want to believe Emma is anything but honest. There is also the issue of Emma stating for years she is just like the fictional character Hermione. People get confused between Emma the actress and Hermione the make believe character she was portraying. They are nothing alike.

OTHER QUOTES: "The great thing about Emma is that she's a chameleon that can communicate anything you ask." - Mario Testino. "Any actor who tells you that they have become the people they play, unless they’re clearly diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is bullshitting you.” - Gary Oldman. "The image is one thing and the human being is another...It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way." - Elvis Presley. "It is much easier to be honest than to be caught up in a bunch of lies. At least this way, you know who you are." - Mila Kunis

Two pages to check out:
1.) meettherealemmawatson.tumblr.com (me)
2.) emma-what-son.tumblr.tumblr.com (no affiliation)

March 20, 2014

Emma Watson gets drunk and scales a fence naked

In her new interview for Elle Emma admitted something that correlates a tweet from a witness from in July 2011 on location filming Perks of being a Wallflower

From snitchseeker.com May 2014, "Among her exploits: She dated a costar Johnny Simmons, and she broke into a swimming pool at 3 A.M. "It was at a hotel," she reports happily. "It had a gate around it. My friends turned around and basically, I was gone. And the next thing they saw was me seven feet up in the air, scaling this fence." This, apparently, is not as out of character as we might suppose. Watson says coyly: "I shouldn’t be able to get away with what I’m getting away with."

Here is the tweet from July 2011 and here is a POST I originally posted it in at the time

" $*MarieChristine; Saw get so drunk that she got naked n climbed the fence to go into the swimming pool at my friend's hotel......http://twitter.com/#!/_MarieChristine."

So it was true. I'm not posting the quotes here (I'll link the posts with them below) but to generalize this is a girl that claims to be shy and doesn’t like to party and doesn’t drink to have a good time because it makes her really sleepy and she’s just so boring she says and blah, blah blah. She sucks people in with these statements are herself that makes people like her. It's not just about drinking and getting drunk but everything. Nothing about her is genuine in any shape or form. She is a fraud.

In a recent interview for Wonderland Magazine Emma admitted like she always has which has been one big lie that she's boring and doesn't like being the center of attention.  

So in her Wonderland magazine Emma says she shy, socially awkward and a introverted person. For some reason I don't believe her. There are certain things about her that leads me to believe she is not shy or the least bit introverted. The first part of this question asked her straight out as she ever wanted to go off the rails and get drunk and she talked about getting a tattoo but never fully answered that question. The follow up question which is split below in two parts was, "But you’re not as puritanical as that, Emma"

So let's look at some thing

1.) From wonderlandmagazine.com Feb 2014, "The truth is that I’m genuinely a shy, socially awkward, introverted person."

Posing half naked

image

For years Emma has said she was shy.

From topcelebrityheadlines.com June 2011, "I’m shy." From zimbio.com May 2011, "It's really hard to have a love story for me. I'm a famous actress. And I'm shy." From digitalspy.com October 2010, "Actually, I'm quite shy. I've never liked attention." From iheartwatson.net June 2011 “I still feel shy, but I feel more like I can accept it.”

Her come hither looks which I limited for space reasons. There are many and I left out new ones from the Noah premiere. This is not a trait of shy and introverted people.



I doubt a truly shy and introverted people are going to say they'll strip to gain approval for anything.

From mtv.com November 2010 (NYC Deathly Hallows) When we caught up with Watson just before she ducked into the theater, we informed her that 90 percent of our viewers had given her wardrobe choice — a specially made Calvin Klein gown — an enthusiastic thumbs-up in an MTV News online poll "Awww, really? Wow, that's such a high percentage!" she exclaimed. "Wow, I aced it, obviously. That's great." While 90 percent is definitely a high number, what might she do in order to get the full 100 percent of viewers' approval? "I don't know, take it off?" she quipped.

Then there is her modeling which doesn't strike me as someone that is shy or introverted.



So shy and introverted she can tell a radio host some guy thinks she looks good naked

From nudography.com 2008 'Harry Potter' film actress Emma Watson has said she would do a nude scene in a future film or stage role if the script called for it. Watson got on the topic of getting naked on BBC's Live Five radio "I think it's wonderful that Daniel is willing to be so brave for his craft. It's a big risk doing something like this while being so internationally known, but he's a true professional". When asked if she would ever bare all for her art, Watson replied, "Yes, absolutely. I would do it if the script called for it. I guess I would be a little nervous, but I've been told I look good naked, so I guess I've got little to worry about". When Shaffer asked Watson who thinks she looks good naked, she playfully said, "Now, now! I won't say. But I trust his expert opinion."

Then there is her attention seeking along with her sultry poses and outfits she sometimes wears. Below is a series of photos from the Cannes for TBR. Everyone is walking up the steps arm and arm but Emma stops to grab the spotlight. Once she takes the arm of a cast mate she can't stop turning around smiling, giggling and waving. Once she gets to the top she hooting and hollering and then blows a series of kisses as her cast mates walk inside. This is not someone that is shy and introverted.



Claiming she wished she did more naughty things is yet another example of what a shy and introverted person would not say.

From harrypotterfan.net Nov 2010, "I wished I’d done more naughty things. Three months ago I cut my hair and at that moment I felt I became a woman. I’m ready to start taking risks. I feel less girlish than ever." ... cough ... cough...  From emma-watson.net September 2013 (GQ awards), “Given the perilousness in the journey from child star to adult, any award with ‘Woman’ in the title is frankly a relief!” <---- thought she, "I’ve never been in a terrible rush to be seen as a woman.”

Then there is the choices of some of her outfits. If you're shy and introverted you're not going to show some flesh and you're certainly not going to show some flesh on TV or at a strip club. The last thing you want to do is draw attention to yourself. You'd be more than happy to dress modestly. There are just a few and I limited them for space reason as well. I left out her recent plunging neckline outfit from the Noah premiere in Madrid and many others like her famed 2009 HBP premiere wardrobe malfunction outfit.

image

From Elle magazine April 2011 iheartwatson.net, "Does having short hair make you dress differently? ’I think it’s made me bolder in my fashion choices. It’s allowed me to dress more sexily.’” cough ... cough... From omg.yahoo.com W magazine May 2013, “I’ve never wanted to grow up too fast: I wanted to wear a sports bra until I was 22! The allure of being sexy never really held any excitement for me. I’ve never been in a terrible rush to be seen as a woman.”

Never heard of a shy and introverted person want o dress more sexually because of a haircut.

Then there is her constant blowing of kisses which she does a lot of which all the classic pin ups like Marilyn Monroe ands other used to do. I guess it has nothing to do with shyness but introverted people are not going to go around blowing kisses at people or into the camera.

image

Then there are moments like this. Who does this? Shy and introverted? I think not. This is begging for attention and just plain weird.

image

Blowing kisses, posing, giving that sultry look and just enjoying all the attention is not the trait of a shy and introverted person.

image

Now the only thing I believe her on is the socially awkward part.



Now to the second part of that quote

2.) "At a big party, I’m like Bambie in the headlights. It’s too much stimulation for me, which is why I end up going to the bathroom! I need time outs! You’ve seen me at parties, Derek. I get anxious. I’m terrible at small talk and I have a ridiculously short attention span."

I doubt this is true. She loves to be the center of attention on red carpets. She loves the attention. So why would parties be any different? At Coachella (bottom left photo) she was moshing at some points on stage.
 
image

This video shows her dancing on stage but there is another I lost of a video shooting down from the stage over Emma's head and you can see she's in plain view of the thousands in attendance. When I find it I'll post it. Shy and introverted people that can't take all the stimulation like she says would not put themselves out there amongst strangers and onlookers. If so, what kind of shy and introverted person is that?

To see her drunk/leaving clubs and to read her contradicting quotes about drinking click these links below

Emma doesn't like to party
Emma never goes clubbing
Emma can drink like sailor
Emma lied about not drinking at Brown

So basically like so much I covered on this blog by exposing her BS this is yet another example

One more thing and it's a quote I've posted many times but she keeps on changing her tune

In this new interview I started this post off with she also said

From snitchseeker.com May 2014, "I was being offered roles that I didn’t feel were very complicated," she says. "Women that were a bit one-dimensional. Roles that required me to be one thing. Real women never are." So, rather than embrace mediocre work, she hid out in Providence, Rhode Island, emerging only for projects that would both stretch her muscles and challenge her public persona."

But yet she said something different during her time at Brown

From aceshowbiz.com  November 2010 She tells U.S. magazine Parade, "I get some amazing offers to act, and sometimes it's hard to say, 'No, I'm going to stay here and do my homework.' People are like, 'What do you mean she's not available?' This college experience is really important to me, and I won't give it up."

And yet it was not about roles at all two years ago. It was about her studying

From nytimes.com September 2012, Why hasn’t she done more films before now? “I think at first I didn’t because I was always either studying or filming, I didn’t have time to go off and do other films or other things to sort of show people that, Oh, she is not just Hermione, she is an actress and she can go and do these other parts and roles."

So which is the truth and which is the lie? 

So Sam in Perks and Nicki in TBR were complicated roles that she ended up leaving two Universities for? How about her small role in MWWM that took her a little over a week to film?




 

36 comments:

Jonny Carinthia said...

Emma naked on a fence? Where is a camera, when you need one?

xxS said...

I saw a while ago that this blog was back into action. Honestly, unless you're looking into Watson's actions, whereabouts and contractions, she's pretty much generally faded out in both the film and modeling industries. There are other female stars with talent pushing her into fading. This blog and the effort it takes to think about what to post and all that encompasses posting somewhat defeats the purpose of letting Watson fade into irrelevancy.

On that note, it does not surprise me in regards to the drunken fence-climbing. I am sure she is very either completely herself heightened or not at all herself when she drinks. And it is unsurprising she gets away with actions - she has repeatedly. Emma Watson is a brand that I believe will fade, but will not be completely tarnished due to its engraving into people's minds the past ten years. So unless she drinks and scales countless more fences, she's still the public relations image she so equally detests and relies upon.

xxS (I forgot my log-in information...)

Anonymous said...

"Emma Watson gets drunk and scales a fence naked"...

Here we go again! This reminds me a little of the supposed incident while Emma was filming This Is The End. There was a bunch of hearsay, conflicting accounts, nothing to really corroborate anything. After some time went by no one really ever mentioned it again. Something probably did happen on the set, but whatever it was, it must of have been exaggerated and distorted to the point where it became no more than absurd, celebrity gossip and was quickly forgotten (except by Echee).

So MarieChristine has a tweet: "Saw @EmWatson get so drunk that she got naked n climbed the fence to go into the swimming pool at my friend's hotel"

The very next words from Echee are: "So it was true."

That's it! ... some one tweets something negative about Emma and it is automatically true.

Am I the only one who is at least a little suspicious of this?

Are we supposed to believe that Emma got naked, then climbed the fence? Why wouldn't she climb the fence first.

Who is Marie Christine anyway? Was she staying at the same hotel the cast of Perks was staying in Pittsburgh? Why does she call it her friends hotel? Why was she at the pool at 3am in the morning? Where other people there too, like Marie's friend whose hotel it was? If other people where also there, how likely is it that Emma would take all her clothes off then climb a 7 foot fence?

You would think Marie Christine would say something like: "Holy shit! I just saw Emma Watson take her clothes off then climb a 7 foot fence!"

But she says: "Saw @EmWatson...." That seems more like Twitter Solipsism than reality to me.

Anyway, how is it going xxS? Your comment was decent. Just seems a little ironic that you would talk about Emma fading when the biggest movie she has done since Potter is coming out next week. She was a presenter at the Oscars, and will be on Letterman, Fallon or whatever next week. She still might fade, but for the next few weeks she will have a very high profile. The Noah story is completely stupid in my opinion, but the movie might do well and Emma could get good reviews. We will see. Her career isn't over yet. It could go either way.

Gilbert

Echee said...

Gilbert you're an idiot that should have been aborted but it's not too late for you to kill yourself =)

Well hello xxs =)

Anonymous said...

If Lerman’s performance is uniformly excellent Watson is slightly more problematic. When she’s good - scenes where she’s defiant and angry with Noah, or where she is wrestling with a personal despair that’s profound - she’s great. But there are other moments where she’s gratingly unnatural, especially lots of scenes where she has a fake pregnancy belly and keeps doing an oh-so actorly grasping of it. It’s frustrating because her good moments are so strong.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/21/noah-review-swords-angels-and-complex-moral-questions/

Anonymous said...

a lot of her scenes were cut on the editing floor

Anonymous said...

"So MarieChristine has a tweet: "Saw @EmWatson get so drunk that she got naked n climbed the fence to go into the swimming pool at my friend's hotel"

The very next words from Echee are: "So it was true."

That's it! ... some one tweets something negative about Emma and it is automatically true."

Emma confirmed this story in her recent interview in Elle. The confirmation made Echee cum.

xxS said...

Gilbert: I say she is fading because unless you truly follow her, she isn't very significant. Yes, "Noah" is coming out and could assist in her being taken as an actress than a sales pitch, but she needs to prove herself continuously in the future and she is generally loved for her first role, not her acting skills.

Anonymous said...

Echee said: "Gilbert you're an idiot that should have been aborted but it's not too late for you to kill yourself =) "

Sorry, I know I am annoying. I just don't get this.

Marie Christine clearly says in her tweet..

Emma got drunk, Emma got naked, then Emma climbs the fence.

How does Emma end up naked before climbing the fence?

Scenario One
Emma, Johnny, Logan, Ezra, Mae and Nina are in the hotel playing drinking games. They are getting a little drunk and a little silly. Ezra has some pot. They get bored with the make believe band they came up with. (Emma is the singer)
Someone says: "Let go for a dip in the pool."

"I'm down!." Emma says. Emma strips naked and runs out of the hotel. When she gets to the pool the gate is locked. She climbs the fence naked and jumps in the pool.

Scenario Two
Emma runs out of the hotel fully clothed. When they get to the pool, they see the gate is locked. "We need to jump the fence." Ezra says.
"OK, hold on a second." Emma says. "I need to take my clothes off before I climb the fence." Emma strips naked and climbs the fence then jumps into the pool.

I don't see any other possibilities here for Emma to be naked before climbing the fence!

What most likely happened is that Emma just climbed the fence to get into the pool area. It was probably closer to 4 feet high than 7 feet high. It was no big deal.

If Emma was naked while climbing the fence and there where witnesses around, I think there would be more than some random tweet. That tweet has low credibility for me.

@xxS ...
I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying it is a bit too earlier say she is fading right now. This is her first big test since Potter. Early reviews (as the comment above said) have Emma doing great in some scenes but not that great in others.
My guess is that Emma will have a career of about 10 more years but have periods where she fades away for a few years then gets a role. She will need some luck. This is fairly typical in the industry.

Gilbert

Echee said...

*snoring* huh? what? was gilbert typing?

Jonny Carinthia said...

I think that Emma can behave very naughty, when under the influence of "controlled substances".

If she was really "naked" in the sence there were no more textiles on her body I doubt, I can imagine there was still a panty, but, well, you never know.

When I was saying my first comment with the camera I ment it, because under "normal" circumstances there would be pics around. On the other hand I heared from a friend, that there is a "unwritten warning" out there in the industry from her father (a very good media-lawyer), that he would bring everyone to court who would post/release pictures od stories of "bad content" about his daughter. So it would be understandable, why f.e. William never said something about the end of their relationship.....

Anonymous said...

I´m an introverted person and I still like to dress sexy and I can be in the center of attention to. Not defending Emma, but you have to read a little about introversion if you are going to keep on having that as a proof and reference... I´m not some boring looking girl with anonymous dark clothes who hide out in my bedroom. That is not what being introvert means.

Echee said...

^Then you're not really introverted. And she also says she's shy so it wouldn't matter now would it

Anonymous said...

what happened to all the comments on this blog?

Anonymous said...

"I´m an introverted person and I still like to dress sexy and I can be in the center of attention to. Not defending Emma, but you have to read a little about introversion if you are going to keep on having that as a proof and reference... I´m not some boring looking girl with anonymous dark clothes who hide out in my bedroom. That is not what being introvert means."

Sorry, Anon, but to Echee being introverted means being covered head-to-toe in an Afghani burka, hiding behind people whenever you are out, and not uttering one syllable.

Anonymous said...

"Gilbert you're an idiot that should have been aborted but it's not too late for you to kill yourself =)"

Wow Echee, that really establishes you as a credible person. Not. What a horrific thing to say to someone! Gilbert disagreed with you but he did not personally attack you at all or anyone else! You're as bad as the Emma loons who emotionally attack you for writing this blog.

And that brings me to your blog...you have some very valid points but this is largely such a fruitless endeavour. Watson is a celebrity and most celebrities play the PR game. Does Watson lie and contradict herself? She sure does but many celebrities do. Many celebrities need to create a large distinction between their public and private personas because if they do anything that's even a little suspect or morally wrong, they get disdain from the press and from the general public.

Watson has contradicted herself but it's mostly been in a way in what she is promoting and what points of her life she wants to address. We all contradict ourselves and we often have mixed feelings about things. So if she happens to say that she wants to distance herself from Hermione in one article and then say she misses her in another article, that doesn't mean she's a bald faced liar. It just means that in one interview she wants to address the importance of Hermione and in another she wants to address how at the same time, she hopes to move away from that image. Same goes with acting vs. education, modelling etc.

Also it's possible to be a shy introvert at heart but still be extroverted and fun when the moment calls for it. I'm a shy introvert. Most of the time, I feel it's exhausting to be on. But occasionally, I like to go out with friends to party and just embrace the night. And I'm a very fun and different person when that happens. But the next day, I will just want to be alone and relax. Watson might mug for the camera at public events or even do crazy things at parties. But maybe there's a huge amount of insecurity and fear she has when around other people too.

Look, I'm not going to tell you to stop writing your blog. Freedom of speech and all that. And you will probably just dismiss me as an Emma Watson loony who is gullible, sad and pathetic just because I've defended her here and ultimately don't have the same level of vitriol that you and your followers have. But to tell someone to kill themselves as well as spend so time invested into negatively picking apart an ultimately harmless Hollywood star (she's not some dictator or abuser. I'm not saying she's a complete beacon of positivity or a saint either) just shows a real ugliness in you.

You can tell me to kill myself or hurl any other immature insult at me but it will just further establish you and your band of followers as being just as vapid and weak-minded as you claim Watson (and some of her creepy fans) to be.

-Seán

Echee said...

^ yawn

Way too opinionated and not factual at all. You just wasted a minute of my life I'll never get back.

Her stans really think I care what they have to say, as if they have valid points and make any sense? Think again. “You’re mean Echee” and “When you say mean thing it hurts your credibility” is what I get from time to time. That’s nice but fuck you =) because Idc. If you would stop being an obtuse idiot I wouldn’t have to say those things. Most nearly what I get from them is blind opinion (whining in nature, etc) and not much if any factual opinion. If you’re going to have an opinion base it off evidence, quotes, actions, etc instead of emotion, fantasies and stan vision logic. If you can’t do that then stfu and ignore me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll start off nice. Thank you for responding to me in a somewhat logical manner (despite insulting me and using passive aggressive emojis).

You reprimand me for being opinionated and not factual when this site is completely based on your opinion. Also, while tabloid reports and rumours might have some truth to them, they are not factual sources either. I'm not calling you a liar for reporting on this stuff, they could be very truthful indeed but please don't act as though you are promoting cold hard facts about Emma Watson. Especially when you're basing it off Twitter sources.

You talk about wasting a minute of your life reading my comment and then responding. How many minutes of your life do you waste taking every Emma Watson interview you can find and then scanning through each interview, trying to find the ways in which she contradicts herself?

I might not side with you blindly like some people on this site but that doesn't mean I'm an Emma stan with a fantasy vision of her. I've said that I think Watson plays the PR game like a vast majority of celebrities do. I think she's a mediocre actress but one who has potential and who I've seen slowly improve with the various films I've seen her in. That's a subjective opinion of course and I'm not going to go down the route of "OMG! HOW CAN U NOT LUV HER! SHES SO PRETTY AND WOZ SUCH A BIG PART OF MY CHILDHOOD AS HERMYONE! SHE DISERVES AN OSCAR FOR EVRY FILM SHE'S IN"! Your opinions of her are fine, just don't expect me to blindly go "Of course yes! Echee, you're a genius!" I certainly don't do that with hardcore Emma Watson fans who think she can do no wrong.

And that brings me to this...do I think Watson's a saint? No, not at all. I don't entirely believe she's as sweet and innocent as she makes herself out to be. Or that she's free of sketchy things going on in her life. But do I believe she's the world's worst liar and a fraud? No, I don't. I think she's a young girl whose been protected by PR all her life, she knows she has a PR image to live up to while also attempting to successfully evolve and transition into adulthood and I think she's afraid to ruin that PR image of herself. Do I have factual evidence for this? No. But I'm forming an opinion of a stranger just like you are. I think there are much worse and/or fake personalities than Watson in Hollywood. But I'm not going to tell you who you should write about on your blog.

What I took issue with was how you wrote to Gilbert. Gilbert disagrees with you in a reasonable way. He/she(?) doesn't result to insults or telling you to commit suicide for expressing an opinion yet you go ahead and do that to him. I thought his argument was sound and not overemotional. If someone were to get all emotional and attack you or tell you to go and die, I would understand why you might be like "Whatever...please leave my blog now!" or whatever way you would put it.

I also disagreed with you while acting reasonable (I feel) and you immediately resort to calling me a stan and rolling your eyes at me and acting dismissive like some petulant teenager does when their parents tells them something they don't like. When I say telling someone to kill themselves lends you no credibility, I don't mean your current stories lose credibility. It means YOU, yourself, lose credibility. It looks less likely that you want to engage with people of different opinions and instead use this site to mean-spiritedly cackle along with your other blind followers who do agree with you and shout "fuck yous" and "go kill yourselves" at people who share a difference in opinion. If you don't want to hear the other side, you might as well relabel this blog as an Emma Watson hate site (or dislike site maybe...because you are relatively tame and fair in comparison to other places on the Internet).

Don't be a hypocrite!

-Seán.

Echee said...

Hey did you see my give a fucks? I seem to misplaced them somewhere. I'm sure that novel you wrote was glorious and people who read it will go "Oh joy what an entertaining thespian that Sean bloke is" but I just scrolled down to post this comment. I'm through interfacing with her fans in a serious way. You people waste my time.

*Yaaaawwn* you bore me nigh nigh

Jonny Carinthia said...

Seán, you try to defend her, but I think, you are really wasting your time. For me, Emma was three years ago a angel, a dream, and for the first time in my life, I was real fan of a celebrity. But then I found out, that she is only a fake, a PR-created something. And much worse, the PR is so bad, that - if you want - you can easy find out her lies, her false stories and her untrue statements. If you tell lies, do it in a way, nobody can find out..... I started to ask questions when she was answering "questions" of her fans on Facebook. In fact, there were only questions of her people, relating to the then actual projects of her. Not one question of a fan was ever answered (she did it again now on twitter. She answered questions of her stylist and her publicist and this time the did not even tried to hide this!) Then there was the thing with pole-dancing. Over a year her people denied any remark, that she did pole-dancing-lessons, a rumour, brought up by DM. Over a year! And then, suddenly: "Oh, I did take poledance-lessons....". So, she lied over a year to her fans. What would you do with a friend, who is constantly lying to you? Echee does a great job and when I found this blog I knew for the first time, that I was not alone with such thoughts..... Emma Watson is a pretty young woman, agree. And she maybe could a role model, if she would stick to the truth. Do I have a problem, when she is using make-up? Not really. She sometimes looks great. But I have a problem if she says she does not, and Echee can provide you with pictured evidence. Do I have a problem, when she is drinking or having fun at a party? Not really. Because she is young and should have fun. But I have a problem if she says, she never parties and she never drinks - and then she is telling you that she had Vodca with Russell Crowe? Do I have a problem, when she is changing her boyfriend? Not really. Because this happens every day and is human. But I have a problem when she makes staged PR-fotoshoots (badly staged, btw) to tell us how innocent she is and what a virgin. I will here not talk about her "education", because my blood-pressure always reaches a dangerous level when I see what a VIP-treatment she got at Brown...... I can make you a list about her lies and her stories and the only thing is, that I say to myself that she is maybe remote controlled by her "team", that glorious bunch of "PR-Nitwits".

Anonymous said...

Echee, six paragraphs does not equal a novel. Judging by your maturity level, perhaps you wouldn't know that. Plus, I've read many of your 'novels' on this site so quit with the hypocrisy. I was mainly calling you out for your rude behaviour towards another commenter and also defending my own opinions.

- Seán

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonny, thanks for responding to me in a mature manner and not speaking to me like I'm some over-emotional idiot. :)

I don't think Emma is an angel. I'm not on the "OMG, she's a fake" train but that doesn't mean I think she's a saint either. It's sad that the Internet and our generation (I'm assuming we're all in our late teens - early 20s) can't seem to see a middle ground anymore. You're either a "stan" or a "hater" and can't be anything in between. I also find it sad that we idolise celebrities so much that we get so angry when it's revealed that they are flawed human beings.

Emma's job is to be an actress and a celebrity and to put the best image of herself forward. This is why most celebrities have huge teams. Their own public image is as important as their acting. I don't know Emma personally but I don't buy that she's a nasty liar like this blog pushes. Do I think the truth about her is stretched and contradictory? Absolutely! That's most celebrities for you. They are trying to appeal to the widest demographic possible so they remain likable and successful.

Emma Watson has been acting since she was 10. She was associated with an iconic good girl role like Hermione and she's had a publicity team craft an image around her that strictly aligned with the Hermione character. From a young age, Watson has had to live up to this image but she also has to find a way to transition into an adult actress. I think there's pressure on her to align with that Hermione image while also showing off that there's a wilder side to her to so that adults will take notice of her. From her interviews, I think this is really evident in how she's always talking about finding herself.
She answered some fan questions as evidenced by “I CANT BREATHE YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION!" responses on Twitter. She answered her stylist and publicist too but that's to keep the Q&A on track and not veer towards personal questions. This was not a spontaneous fan Q&A, it was to promote Noah. If she said she was taking poledancing lessons before her role in TBR was locked in, it would hurt her public image. As for the education thing, we really don't know what's going on there. I agree that it’s sketchy how much she's done at Brown but prestigious universities will not just hand out degrees no matter how famous you are. Watson would have still worked for it. She probably did get special treatment but sadly that's the way the world works. People with money and power have it easier than the rest of us!

Watson is not the only one in Hollywood who acts like a saint when there's a big PR team fooling us all. PR draws on the characteristics of that real person and then heightens them and exaggerates them for the general public. Oftentimes, the celebrity can get carried away with real life and what is heightened by their team, hence the contradictory behaviour. I'm sure if you focused on other celebrities, you would find similar cracks in their PR image.

Anonymous said...

CONTD.

Echee, much like Emma's PR team, is pushing a very specific agenda. The PR team try to push Emma as an angel whereas Echee is trying to push Emma as a demon. Again, this brings me back to "Where is the middle ground?" Echee knows this too and that's why she’s writing me off as a complete lunatic. This blog claims to tell the truth about Watson and it's certainly more truthful than the mainstream. However, it is pushing a biased dislike of a Hollywood star she simply doesn't know. I'm not telling Echee what to write. This is her blog. But as much as she calls out Emma Watson for being untruthful...she acts as though she's the factual voice of reason when really she holds a personal dislike towards her. She wants to tell the truth about the Hollywood fakery but she also gets some personal satisfaction "opening people's eyes" to what a “terrible person” Watson is.

I didn't take issue with anything written until I read the comments where Echee told Gilbert to kill himself. That’s my main problem and why I’m posting now. I thought this is a nasty person who needs to be called out for her shitty behaviour.
- Seán.

Jonny Carinthia said...

I agree with you, that as a celeb or even a actor/actress you have to put your best image on display. But this includes for me, that it is a true image, not a fake one. As I said, she can live her private life in any way she likes, but if she decides to put each and everything public and on display, it should be the truth. She is so often moaning about her missing privacy, and then she is staging a pap-shooting with her new boyfriend at a beach or in a spanish restaurant, including product placement?????? I agree with people who are saying, her education is a private matter and so for no interest for her fans and the public. Why is she talking about it every other week? And it is clearly showing the unfair and expensive VIP-treatment, she gets, because her mother knows some important people. If she would really want privacy, we would not even know that she is still studying and that there is graduation in May. We would - maybe - get a press-info, in June, telling us that "Miss Watson has finalised her studies at Brown...." It is allways the question, how genuin and true you present yourself in the media and in public. Nobody is pressing her into interviews with proofed fake stories, she is repeating again and again. This all has nothing to do with her skills as an actress, this is another story. But I cannot understand, why she is accepting all the faked bullshit, her PR-Nitwits inventing for her. Think about the "story" about her breakup with Will. There are pics out there of the two, shot in September, she was with him in November at a concert and her nitwits telling us "they broke up in summer and having no further contact!" - If you lie, lie in a way nobody can find out (Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule 7). Will is a poor guy, and what he did, say drugs, say Sophie, are understandable. She wants to be genuine - then behave in that way. As long as her statements do not correspond with her behaviour, it is our right, no, our duty, to question this. She is called a role-model? My daughter would have serious troubles with me, when telling me that Emma is her "role-model".......

Oh, and for the question of age. I am a little bit older, Emma could be in fact my daughter......

Echee said...

Jonny Carinthia telling it how it is. Thanks, no input needed from me after that.

Anonymous said...

Jonny, I do see your point. And although I do think Echee is immature, mean-spirited and rude, I do see her point too. When I 'defend' Watson, I am not trying to invalidate your points at all. Just offering my take on it which differs somewhat from both of yours.

You are, of course, right that Watson's PR team are lying to us but I still don't see this as much different from most celebrities and their PR teams. I take what celebrities say with a pinch of salt most of the time. Whatever public image they want to put out about their personal lives, I don't really care. I judge them primarily on their 'art'. The only time I do care is if I think that celebrity is a despicable person or putting other people in danger. So if a celebrity makes a bigoted statement or drives under the influence or abuses or assaults someone and puts other peoples' lives in danger, that's when I get angry, then I don't buy whatever PR they use to cover that up.

As far as Watson's concerned, I don't care if she lies or only tells half-truths about her education or who she's dating or whether she's truly extroverted or introverted. This stuff is just all really trivial to me and I don't see the point in obsessing over it. That's just me personally though. I don't necessarily like liars but celebrities have to maintain an image for many very fickle people who can turn on them for any small statement they make. I think Watson has grown up surrounded by people crafting a PR image for her and I think she feels pressure to live up to that. Most actors are neurotic and insecure people. Perhaps when she's older, she'll ditch the scripted lines and be more truthful. I agree that the PR guff is frustrating but it doesn't bother me hugely.

As for the role model thing, I really believe we need to stop looking for celebrities to be our role models. It's all smoke and mirrors. In fact, I don't believe in role models at all. Trying to live up to other peoples' standards is what holds us back as people. We work so hard to be like someone else that it inevitably just leads to disappointment or jealousy when it doesn't happen.

-Seán.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Well, I have no idea how old Echee might be, but I think he/she is much younger then I am. When I was 20 or so I was also very direct and very rude in my citics and my remarks. Brought me a lot of trouble in business, believe me. So now I am talking a little bit more moderate, but in the case itself I agree with Echee 100%.

We maybe stop looking after a role-model, but just have a look in one of her fan-forums... Creepy. "I want to be like her"... "She is my rolemodel"... "Emma is perfect, she is always right..." and so on..... Young people are buying the shit, and I think this is not good. I agree that celebs have to build a image and have to keep it, but why, for heavens sake, building a image you can't live? I mean, Paris Hilton never tried to be a virgin angel, and nobody is really critisising her. There was even a porn-movie "A night in Paris" - did it any harm to her image? Noooooo. She even was better known afterwards allover the world. What I will say: if her PR-Nitwits creating a virgin-Emma, she have to live after that. Everything else is a lie....

When my life would have gone the "normal way", I think I would not even know that she exists. I did not have a second thought about her in Potter and I never was into a celeb before. Ok, I said: "Oh, whow, a movie with Julia and Hugh!" or "Whow, a naked Sophie Marceau in Bond..." - but that was it. I am so utterly disappointed, that a girl I owe so much is such a fake and a non-in-fans-interested person and that everything I thought was genuine is just a lie. And I think, this will happen to many people one day. Her Potter-base is growing older too, and if the are not all brainless, they will understand one day....

Anonymous said...

When I was 20 or so I was also very direct and very rude in my citics and my remarks. Brought me a lot of trouble in business, believe me.

I'm in my early 20s too, there's no excuse for making rude and hateful remarks towards other commenters on this blog. But I'll leave it at that.

Creepy. "I want to be like her"... "She is my rolemodel"... "Emma is perfect, she is always right..."

I absolutely agree with you there, that behaviour is creepy and I would like to see it stop.

Jonny Carinthia said...

Sorry, what I wanted to say was, that if you are young you tend to use a more "direct language". After all, if I am explaning something to another person, showing proof for what I say and this person is still denying everything, I would call this person an idiot, too....

Anonymous said...

I think Watson just wants it all. I find her dishonest a lot of times, she seems to say whatever it is that would make her look good at that moment.

My rule of thumb regarding celebs is, don't believe their image when they are pushing it too hard. Usually celebs do this when they're not very talented to begin with. Their goal is stardom, not art. I think Watson is in this group.

I agree that Echee can be mean, but Echee's been insulted, called mean names and mocked countless times by her crazy stans, just because Echee doesn't think Watson is all that. Personally I think Echee is a bit jaded and sometimes it shows in the blog posts. Echee makes tons of good points, though, so I am cool with it.

Anonymous said...

Sean, I agree with a lot of your points, but I don't quite agree that we shouldn't point out celebs hypocrisies just because 90% of them rely on PR to advance their career.

Watson's image is over-the-top squeaky clean. She doesn't even sound human. Her team creates this image of intelligent, studious, classy, mature, modest young girl, something that no normal person would be able to adhere to. She is not as careful as when she was under WB's protection, though, so more people actually start to notice.

I understand why Echee made this blog. The mismatch between Watson's image and her actual behaviour is too irritating to ignore. I personally don't really care about her boyfriend, or her sham of an education. I care about acting, though. She is always marketed as this extremely talented young actress, when the reality is so pathetic, you just want to slap her publicist for offering such a false promise to the public.

Anonymous said...

@Jonny,

She was groomed in a franchise of which the source material is an over-hyped book series. The movies were over-hyped, it's only natural that the child actors were too. She is too used to relying on manipulative PR to protect her brand, and that's what she really offers to the industry, a brand, not actual skills.

Emma Watson is a product build from years of countless publicity moves. She can't act, but her fans don't care because they're duped into believing her very manufactured image. Having said that, she IS fading. Say what you want about her appearances in talk shows, or her news in various magazines, it doesn't change the fact that all she has is a role in a franchise and small supporting ones in forgettable movies. Noah is slightly high profile, but ultimately it's not her movie, it's Crowe's and Aronofsky's.

And one more thing, she still sucked in Noah. Please don't spend your money to watch that movie. It's not only her. I find Crowe a bit boring, Connelly under-used and Hopkins competent as usual, but his screen time was too short. The story itself is weird with no clear message, and the CGI is just ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

She is a brand. Why her fans can't see this is so weird. Once your contribution to the pop culture is only your image and whatever BS art you're doing, you're merely a product.

Jonny Carinthia said...

@Anon, I agree with you 100%. This is why I say you cannot blame her for everything... She is a poor human beeing, used for business purposes since she was 9 and so constantly brain-washed, that she cannot change.....

And I say, if it is true, that her parents never took care of her during the time she made Potter, they are guilty as well.

I will not have to spent a dime for seeing Potter. I am invited by the operator to watch it at the premiere night here in our local cinema from "backstage". But I will take a good book with me. And there will be german dubbing - it comes near to torture.

Anonymous said...

Aw, just watch the movie (it's free anyway) and let us know what you think. I've seen it and she didn't improve. At all.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that fame is like waves, it comes and it goes. Watson tries very hard to 'be present' all the time. Doesn't her team realize this is not how things work? She is very in your face about everything. And since she has so few work, she ends up talking about the same things over and over again.